Over Before it Even Began

Kirito was angry, but he didn't know who he was angry at. He removed himself from every friend on his friend list. 'I don't need anyone! I can do this on my own!' He was so upset and hurt, he wasn't watching where he was going. He ran across the giant dragon.

It roared at Kirito, but Kirito didn't care. He finally had something to take out his frustrations on. Kirito's eyes glowed with red codes, flashing through them. The battle commenced and Kirito didn't miss a beat. After a very intense battle, the beast, though tough and terrifying, came crashing down at his feet. He slayed it and received the monster drop for being the first, as usual.

He equipped his new sword, that had the most unbelievable stats. 'Burning Blade'. One side glowed red and burned like the great fires of Hades, the other glowed a neon blue and possessed the chills of the great northern ice burgs. Now the two swords he had equipped, both glowed in the dark.

He found the portal appeared on the rock face and he stepped through.

__________________________________

Asuna, Klein and Leafa reappeared in their temporary accommodations and noticed that no one was there. Asuna tried not to lose her head and swiftly clicked through her menu and realized Kirito wasn't only removed from the guild, he wasn't on her friends list. She tried not to jump to conclusions, but she was afraid that her nightmares came true. She redirected her search for Sinon and found her immediately. She typed out a message and sent it immediately to Sinon. But moments went by and no response. Asuna was starting to get frantic.

She darted out of the inn, in the direction of Sinon's coordinates. The other two followed her lead.

She finally found Sinon and the two musketeers walking towards them. "What happened and where is Kirito?"

Sinon was reluctant to answer, but she knew Asuna would beat it out of her. "He forced a leave from our guild..."

"He can't do that!" Leafa shrieked.

"He did." Alice could barely look at her.

"Why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be with Kirito?!" Asuna panicked.

"That wasn't Kirito!" Eugeo surprised them, with his forwardness and aggressive outlook.

"I know. But you're just going to let him die out there?!" Asuna felt her heart in throat, when she thought he went after that dragon alone.

"There wasn't anything we could do to stop him. Believe me, we tried." Sinon still felt guilty, letting him go like that.

"Don't rag on Sinon. Kirito would have killed her, if she said another word." Alice explained.

"No way. We're too late." Klein trembled in frustration.

"You knew this was going to happen?!" Eugeo was furious. "And you didn't warn us!" Eugeo grabbed Klein by the collar, barring his teeth.

"You wouldn't have listened to us, if we had." Klein defended.

Alice sighed. "He's right, Eugeo. We didn't have any reason to believe it, at the time."

Eugeo let go of Klein. "I know..." He balled up his fist. "Is there anything we can do? Tell me you have a plan!"

"The only thing we can do for him now, is get him to logout. Or beat this game." Asuna tried to hold herself together. "If he is still alive..."

The aura grew heavy and they all started to realize, that they have already lost him.

Alice started to cry. "There is something we never told you... Kirito already died in game..."