Blood Lust

Kirito was out matched. He was alone and his plan, may not even work. But he refused to give up. He checked his six, to see if Tarien was still in the room, but discovered she wasn't. 'Now look who the coward is. I don't even stand much of a chance and she runs away.' He swung his swords and they clashed against the many members of the Laughing Coffin guild. When the Corrective Blade made contact with its first victim, he saw that individual disappear into a fiery ball and leave in a puff of smoke, in its wake.

The remaining members hesitated at the sudden realization that they weren't invincible. When one dies, they disappear into codes and respawn later, not disappear into a fireball.

"Anyone else, want to have a go?" Kirito tried to remain calm, despite how fearful he actually was.

PoH chose to engage Kirito, along with his men. Kirito was in big trouble and PoH knew it.

_______________________________

The friends waited as they had been for some time. "What is taking Kazuto, so long?" Keiko complained.

"Maybe he got lost and they detained him." Rika tried to think up a good scenario, but it wasn't received that well.

Klein stood up. "I am going to check the men's room." He then left the girls alone.

They waited in silence, until he returned.

"He isn't there." Klein balled his fists.

"Vari is right here. He wouldn't just leave, would he?" Rika asked Vari.

Vari shook her head. "No way. He has been my shadow, ever since he logged onto Starfield Glade."

Asuna then returned after being interrogated. "Still nothing?" She studied her friends expressions.

"He isn't even in the station." Why were they even surprised at this point. Kazuto has been giving them the slip for months.

"That can't be!" Asuna panicked AGAIN.

"Kazuto Kirigaya!" The officer called. "You're next." He stood there for a moment. "Where is Kirigaya?"

They shrugged their shoulders.

"Dang it!" The officer left the room, hastily. He called to the other officers. "He must be running! Kirigaya, is our number one suspect!"

"Sir. I received a report that he nearly received breakin charges at the Yokozawa Estate!" The other officer joined him.

"We have got our man! Split up! Find him! Keep the others in custody! They might be involved." The officers headed to their vehicles.

________________________________________

Midori came to the station. "Let me see my children!"

"They aren't allowed any visitors. I cannot permit you to come back here." The secretary informed her.

"They didn't do anything wrong! Please!"

"We will just have to wait and see. But for now, I have to ask you to be patient."

Midori sat in a chair and stared at the woman in desperation. "Do you have any children?"

"I do."

"Then you must understand, that I will not rest until I see them."

"Ma'am, there is nothing I can do about it."

"Are they alright?"

"Yes."

Midori sunk in her seat, soon to be accompanied by the parents, of the other children.

__________________________________