Close Encounters

Everyone from the surface stared into the dark pit. "ASUNA?! KIRITO?!" They glanced at their hp gauges and noticed their friends' levels were extremely low.

"We can't do anything! We jump down and we will die!" Klein punched the ground with his fist.

"They have some healing crystals, so why aren't they using them? I'll message them and see if they are alright." Sinon offered. Her sudden gasp, alerted everyone. "The message isn't going through!"

"What kind of trap, is this!" Horror grew in Liz's eyes.

"They better not die!" Leafa cried.

"Let's try and find another entrance. There isn't anything we can do for them here." Sinon stood up, trying her best to stay level headed, to calm down the growing panic in her friends.

"What are we waiting for?!" Klein stood up abruptly. "Our friends need our help!"

_______________________________

"Kirito! Kirito! Wake up, Kirito! Wake up!" Asuna panicked as she shook Kirito. She slid the hair from his face. She looked around her and noticed that they were surrounded by darkness. She looked back at Kirito. She pulled Kirito close to her and rested his head on her lap. She slid her hand tenderly on his face, longing for him to see her the way he used to. She missed him so much. She placed a kiss on his lips, without really thinking about it. She interlocked her fingers in his and pulled his hand to her cheek, the tears started to soak his hand. "...K-iri-to..."

Kirito's eyes started to flutter after a while and he looked up towards her and groaned.

She felt the embarrassment take over and she leaned her body back, bracing herself with her hands. "Kirito?"

He groaned some more. He barely moved and didn't seem to notice his head in her lap.

"Can you move?" She grew concerned.

"Not really..." Kirito looked at his health gauge and notice the paralysis symbol next to it. "I think my body was broken in the fall. I can't feel anything..."

"What are we going to do?"

"I need rest. Maybe an hour or so..." Kirito locked eyes with Asuna. "Sorry to worry you..."

Asuna and Kirito heard a monster roar from further down the tunnel. "That does not sound good."

Kirito's eyes widened. "Do you have any crystals?"

"No good. They don't work down here." Asuna grew frantic.

"Then we're dead..." Kirito relaxed. There was no point now. Fate had already made it's decision.

"Can you try to be positive?"

"Then I am positive, we're dead." Kirito didn't seem to care.

"We aren't giving up that easily." She helped Kirito into a sitting position. "Maybe we can hide somewhere." She stood up.

"Look around! There is nowhere to hide. What's the point anyway... it already knows we're here..."

Asuna slapped Kirito across the face. "I am not going to let you give up! Not now!"

Kirito stared at his health gauge, noticing he had made it back to yellow. The paralysis should wear off soon.

The monster came into view now. It was a large, skeletal cat. It came at Kirito, clearly noticing he was an easy victim, but when Asuna ran in for a strike, it jumped out of the way and slammed a tusk against her sword.