Kirito's Betrayal

Klein and Griselda walked into the house on floor 13. The others met there too.

"That was a great camping trip! Wish you could have come. It's too bad that the new updates don't cover the forest areas." Klein gave Griselda a sad smile.

Everyone was so excited, but also felt kind of bad, knowing that Asuna couldn't come either.

"Where is Asuna? She was supposed to meet us here." Sinon asked.

"I texted her, but I never got an answer." Leafa explained.

"Where is Vari? Wasn't she supposed to be here too?" Liz added.

"What if something happened to them?" Silica feared the worst, because of the last time a friend didn't show up. Kirito was in major trouble.

"Silica, you can't think like that. Besides, the way those two have been hanging out, I wouldn't be surprised if they got caught up at the mall." Sinon reasoned.

"I say we go out there and find the next boss! They will have to catch up with us later." Griselda suggested.

"Sure, I'm game." Klein cheered.

"Finding a boss without Kirito and now without Asuna... We don't stand a chance." Liz retorted.

"We have more than enough fighting strength. Besides, we can't keep relying on them to save the day. How will we get any stronger?" Griselda had a good point, so reluctantly, everyone agreed.

They got their gear ready and left the house.

_________________________________

Kazuli stepped into a computer laboratory and sought out his subordinate. "Did you find it yet?" The urgency in his voice was halting.

"I have checked the entire server... There is no program called 'Yui'!" The man continued to show him, his diagnostics. "You think maybe, Kirigaya lied to us?"

"Kirigaya didn't have that freedom." Kazuli grew impatient.

"Why is this program so important anyway?"

"You saw what it did to Kirito! We had a major setback, when it intervened with our experiments. We nearly had to restart all of Phase 1! I fear that program could be my undoing. That is why, it is the utmost priority! Find it!" Kazuli left in an uproar.

"Yes, sir..."

______________________________________

The group fought monster after monster, but nothing came up in regards to the boss. They were starting to tire out and chose to take a break.

"I'm hungry! Where is Asuna, when we need her!" Liz complained.

"I brought something, if you want to try it. It won't be quite as good as Asuna's cooking, but I don't think it's horrible." Griselda offered.

Silica perked up. "Really? You're the best, Griselda!"

"Don't I know it!" Klein cheered.

Griselda pulled out her basket and handed everyone a sandwich.

"This isn't half bad. When did you decide to take up cooking?"

"I used to always cook for Grimlock... It was something, I just did." Griselda felt a little pain when she said his name. He was alive, but she didn't want to see him again.

"Well, it's really good." Silica over exaggerated, to make Griselda feel better.

"I know Asuna's is better. You don't need to over do it." Griselda blushed.