Ms. Jauregui //2

You've noticed that Lauren has been rather distant lately. She hasn't been replying to your texts the way she used to, she hasn't asked you to stay after class for about a month... And starting to get to you.

You were now in Chemistry, zoning out as usual as the teacher rambled on about something. "What period is Sulphur in on the periodic table?" You heard your class mates mumble answers, not caring if it was correct or not. You looked out the window and saw a familiar figure standing in the classroom across the quad. You squint your eyes in an attempt to see better, but that didn't seem to help. You shake your head, trying to free your mind of the thoughts that had creeped their way in.

After the lesson ended it was lunch, and you went into the cafeteria to get the food you have been dreaming of since first lesson. "(Y/N), you need to smile more. You're gonna get wrinkles." You heard your friend Camila say from next to you. You whip your head her way and give a weak smile. She frowns but smiles back before digging into her food. You think back to Lauren and what you think you saw, and then you looked down at your plate, and quickly your appetite vanished slightly. You couldn't go on like this, you had to know what was going on. You stood up and walked off, hearing your friends call after you but you didn't dare turn around; you'd better do this now before all your confidence disappears.

You arrive at Lauren's classroom, and just as you were about to barge in you hear sniffing and a few sobs. You open the door just enough to be able to see her desk; she's sitting at it with her head in her hands. Your heart drops. Without a second thought, you walk in and head straight for her. "Laur, what's wrong?" You ask as you approach her slowly. She shakes her head and waves you off, dismissing your question. She lifts her head and dries her eyes on her shirt before looking at you and smiling lightly. "I'm okay, I'm okay. What brings you here?" You frown at her question. "Uh, I don't know... Maybe because I want to be with my girlfriend? Maybe because I'd like to know why she's been ignoring me for the past month, not answering my calls or texts. Maybe because-" You get cut off by her hand on your arm. You look down at it and sigh: you missed her touch.

"I'm sorry (Y/N). I've been a little... Distracted." She says with a dry chuckle. You frown once more and look at her. "Lauren, what's going on, huh? Because nothing that happens is worth ignoring your girlfriend over." She nods and brings your hand to her mouth and kisses it. She takes a deep breath and looks down at your intertwined hands. "Well, my sister... She thought having unprotected sex would be a great idea... And well, she's pregnant. She wants to give the baby up, but I keep saying she can't do that to a child. I've been thinking, and well, I want to adopt the baby if she is gonna give it up. But I don't know how it's gonna work with us... It's tearing me apart thinking of losing you." She looks defeated; somewhat depressed.

You smile lightly and lean in to kiss her. "LoLo, you're so sweet. Thank you for taking me into consideration, but you can do what you wanna do. I graduate in a few months, and then I'm off to collage. You can adopt the baby, that way when I'm done and I come live with you, that is if you'll still let me, we have a little munchkin to take care of together." She looks up and smiles. "You won't mind being a mom before we, you know, put a ring on it? You shake your head, laughing at her cuteness.

She then starts talking about names and what to do as a family vacation, and you can't help but smile to yourself and think how lucky you are to have her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I hope this was okay. I'm sorry it's been so long, it's been hectic with exams and what not.

I'll update as soos as I can.

Xoxo

-FlyAwayWithMe_24