Chapter 22: Stuck Between A Rock And A Hard Place

Stuck Between A Rock And A Hard Place

Closing my locker the next day, I feel arms wrapped around my waist. Knowing who it was, I smiled. I would know his scent anywhere. I turned around in his arm and smiled up at him. "Hi."

"Hey, Cupcake. I want to ask you something." He said smiling at me.

"Okay. Shoot." I replied curiously.

"Later. Meet me at my car when school ends." He said winking at me.

"Okay." I said moving from his grasp but he held on still.

"I have to get to class, Josh. I don't want to be late." I said wriggling from his grasp.

"Fine." He pouted childishly and I giggled. He looked so cute when he did that. Reluctantly he unwrapped his arms from around my waist. "See you at lunch." He said and walked away. I turned in the other direction and was about to head to class when my friends suddenly appeared in front of me.

"Is it just me or was Joshua Taylor's hands around your waist a minute ago." Sam said a big grin on her face. I felt my cheeks heating up by her intense gaze.

"Come on, girl. Spill." Stacy pressed.

I looked from Stacy to Sam and sighed. They will not let me go to class if I didn't answer them. "We kissed yesterday." I said quietly flinching away when they both screamed into my ear.

"Guys! I'm going to go deaf soon if you keep screaming like that." I scowled them.

"Sorry." They both said, big grins still on their faces.

"Oh my God! I can't believe this. I knew you both like each other. What does this mean? Are you guys a thing now? Oh my God, did he asked you out?" Stacy asked bouncing up and down with excitement. I placed my hand on her shoulders to steady her.

"Calm down, Stace. This isn't 21 questions." I chuckled. "I don't know what we are. He hasn't exactly say that we are dating." I frowned. Yesterday after we kissed, I left for home. He did not asked me to be his girlfriend. I don't even know if we are a 'thing' or not.

"Don't worry, Lexie. You guys will soon be a couple." Sam said smirking at me. "He seems different since he's hanging out with you."

"Whatever guys. Let's get to class. We don't want Mrs. Parker to give us a detention, do we?" I said dragging them to English class.

"Okay. But we want details later." Sam said sharing a look with Stacy and they both giggled. I rolled my eyes at them and turned around to head to class.

After English class, I was heading to my second period art class when someone pulled my hand hard, turning me around. I gasped and came face to face with Troy.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?!" He demanded angrily.

"Wh-what are you talking about?" I stuttered, flinching at his hard tone.

"What are you doing with that scum bag? I thought I told you to stay away from him!" He said gripping my hands tighter. I didn't say anything. I felt tears pricking the back of my eyes because of his tight grip.

"Let go of me, Troy." I got out through the pain.

"I'm going to tell you this for the last time, whore." He spat out. In all my time knowing him I have never seen him so angry before. It was very clear that he was serious. "Stay away from that boy or you will regret it. You are mine!" He said letting go of my arm and walking away. I stood watching him before turning in the direction of the restrooms.

I entered the restroom and leaned on the facet counter. I took a deep breath and looked at myself in the mirror. It was evident that Troy was serious and I couldn't begin to imagine what he would do to me if he saw me with Josh again. I knew what he was capable of and I knew what I had to do even if it would hurt me. I have to stay away from Josh and no matter how much I don't want to; I had to.

I couldn't help but think how much I hated Troy. I always said that I don't hate people but I really hated Troy right now.

Why did he come back here? Why did he came back into my life to ruin everything that I would have had with Josh?

I felt tears pricking the back of my eyes again and I close my eyes feeling the tears flow down my cheeks. Josh and I could've had something but now Troy is ruining it. It would break my heart to ignore him. I heard the bathroom door being open and I turned on the pipe and splash my face with water to hide my tears. I then wipe my face with a hand towel and left the bathroom for class.

*~*~*

At lunch, I decided to head to the library because I didn't want to run into Josh. I texted my friends earlier to let them know I was skipping lunch. I climbed the stairs and enter the library. I waved to Ms. Thomas the librarian and picked up a book from the shelf to read. I was hungry, but I had to bear it. At least the book that I picked out was the Nancy Drew Series and was very interesting, so I was distracted from lunch.

Five minutes later, I felt my phone vibrate and I pulled it out of my pockets to see that Josh was calling me. Ignoring the call, I placed my phone back into my pocket. It started to ring again and I took it out again and shut it off before putting it back into my pocket again. It's going to be very hard to ignore him because I really wanted to talk to him. Sighing, I went back to reading my book.

When lunch ended, I put the book back on the shelf and ran to my locker. I really didn't want to run into Josh in the hallway because I know if I see him my resolve would break.

I cursed under my breath when I realized that we both have science class together. How could I forget? I went into class and I saw Josh at the back sitting with Ashton. I ignored his gaze and sat at my seat. I was glad when the teacher came in and his questioning gaze was turned from me.

When class ended, I got up quickly and was the first one out of the classroom. I was power-walking down the hallway when I felt an arm grabbed my wrist. I spun around to face Josh's questioning gaze.

"Why are you ignoring me, Lexie? Did I do something wrong?" He asked quietly.

"I-I'm not ignoring you." I tried lying even though I knew it wouldn't work. One thing that I knew about him was that he was very observant and would see through my lies.

"Stop lying to me." He said, his eyes boring into mine. They were intense; searching.

"Josh...please just drop it. It's better if we don't talk to each other." I said softly my voice breaking.

"Lexie..." He said his voice softening. I looked up at him and the look in his eyes broke my heart. He looked vulnerable and the hurt was evident in his eyes. I couldn't stand in font of him any longer. I had to get away. I didn't want him to see me cry.

"Bye Josh." I said and tugged my hand from his hold and he released me. I turned away from him and I was glad when he didn't stopped me because I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

****************************
A/N: Hey guys! This chapter was heart breaking for me when I was writing it. I hope you liked it.

Please vote and comment and tell me what you think.

Stay Unique! Xoxo

~Alecia