Chapter 42: Christmas Party

Christmas Party

"It's time to get dressed." Stacy announced to Sam and I. It was now Friday afternoon and my friends and I were in my room. We had just done our hair and makeup and now we were going to put on our dress that we bought on Wednesday.

I took up my dress from my bed and admired it. It was a long halter top blue dress that had a silver band. I took off my towel and slipped into it. I matched it with silver heels and clutch. As soon as I was dressed, I looked in my full length mirror.

I smiled at myself in the mirror. I looked beautiful. Sam had curled my hair and pinned it to the side. I had in silver dangle earrings in my ears and a simple one piece silver necklace. My makeup was more than I usually wore, but still light and simple. My friends walked over to the mirror as well; also looking beautiful.

"Wow! You guys look amazing!" I complimented. Sam was wearing a long gold sequin dress and Stacy a long purple one-shoulder dress. "Your dates will be lucky." Brandon had eventually asked Sam to the dance and they were going together and Sean Gillies, a boy from the football team had asked Stacy.

"You too!" Sam exclaimed gawking at me.

"Yeah, you're going to knock Josh of his feet! You look so stunning that he won't be able to keep his hands off you." Stacy wiggled her eyebrows suggestively. I blushed at her words, remembering Monday night.

Stacy caught my blush and her eyes widen. "Oh my God! You guys already did it, didn't you?" I blushed even more and avoid her eyes in the mirror. "Yes! I can see it on your face. You're blushing. I know you too well."

I looked away from the mirror and at my friends. "Okay yes, we did it." Both my friends eyes widen and bright smiles spread across their faces.

"Oh my God! Why didn't you tell us?" Sam asked.

"It never came up." I admitted.

"When?" Sam prodded, smirking at how uncomfortable I was.

"Monday night when we made up." I replied.

"Wow! How was it?" Stacy asked.

I smiled at the memory. "It was amazing. He was so gentle and considerate. He made it worthwhile."

"He really is a keeper." Sam smiled.

I looked back in the mirror at myself one final time. "Yes he is." I agreed. We then went downstairs, where my mom was waiting on us in the living room.

Mom smiled when she saw us. "You girls look beautiful."

"Thanks Mrs. Miller!" Stacy and Sam said together.

"Thanks Mom." I returned her smile.

"Now come together and let me take your pictures." She run upstairs for her camera and took pictures of all of us together and by ourselves.

We have been taking pictures for ten minutes now, when I stopped my mother. "Mom, I think that's enough pictures."

"Nonsense, there is no such thing as too much pictures. I can't believe my baby has grown up." She was about to continue with her picture taking when the doorbell rings.

Saved by the doorbell!

I went over to the door and opened it to reveal Josh. "Wow." He breathed as soon as he saw me. He stood frozen on my porch with his mouth hanging open, not taking his eyes off me. He stood there for a while looking up and down at me, before he finally met my eyes.

"You look gorgeous." He said quietly.

"Why thank you. You don't look too bad yourself." I replied. He was wearing a black tuxedo over a white shirt and a blue tie that matches my dress. He had asked me the colour of my dress, so he could pick out his tie.