Chapter 13: Skipping School

(Picture to the side/top is Troy)

Skipping School

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I groaned and stretched my right hand out to stop the annoying noise of my alarm clock. Today was Wednesday and I couldn't feel any worse. I looked at the clock and it read 6:30am. I seriously did not want to go to school today, but if I wanted to keep up my grades, I had no choice.

I sighed grudgingly and swing my legs over the bed and head to my bathroom for a quick shower. I came out with my favourite blue towel wrapped around me and went to my walk-in closet. I chose a navy blue top and a black skinny jeans. I paired it with my black jacket as we were now in the month of October. I pulled my hair in a messy pony tail and pulled on my converse and head downstairs.

There was no one in sight as my parents had already left. I guess they dropped off Jason at Kindergarten before work. Andrew had to leave early because of an early class, so I guess I'll be walking today.

I quickly made an egg sandwich for breakfast. When it was finished, I sat at the kitchen island with a glass of orange juice. I had just finished my breakfast and was washing up the dishes when I heard a knock at the door. I frowned. Who could it be at this time of day?

I went to the front door, opened it and was surprised by who I saw. Joshua Taylor was standing outside my door. I thought we were finished with our assignment and was going back to our normal lives. Which is him not acknowledging my existence anymore.

"What are you doing here?" I asked confused.

He just smirked at me and pushed his way into my house, "It's good to see you too. I am fine, thanks for asking." He said while plopping himself onto the couch in my living room.

"You are hilarious." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes. Why did I let him carry me home on Monday night? He wouldn't have known where I lived. I had seen him once yesterday at school but he did not exactly indicated that we we're friends. When he saw me he only gave me a nod and that was it. "Seriously though, we are going to be late for school. We have to leave now."

"Let's go someplace today." He said out of the blues. Was this guy serious?

"Are you crazy?! Are you even hearing yourself right now? We have school!" I shrieked. I then crossed my arms and looked at him curiously. "And besides, I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but when since are we friends?"

"We did an assignment together." He answered as if that answered my question. "I'm being serious. Let's skip today." He said as if it was the most natural thing in the world. Well for him it was.

"No. I'm not skipping school. What if we get caught?" I asked shaking my head vehemently.

"We won't get caught. You are such a nerd. Haven't you ever skipped school before?" He asked me.

I shook my head, "Nope." I said. What did he think?

"Ah, now I see. Well Cupcake, there is a first time for everything." He said with a smirk on his lips.

I sighed. It would be fun to skip school and on the plus side, I didn't want to go to school today to begin with. But I was wary about his suggestion because it was him. He was still a jerk who made peoples' lives a living hell and I still couldn't forget that he was mean to me. Even though he wasn't being a total douche to me as he used to. I held on to one argument nonetheless. "What if they call our parents? My mom would kill me." I said.

"I've got everything under control. I called school before I got here and said we were sick, in my parent voice that I perfected when I was in middle school." He said cockily.