Chapter Twenty Five

We planned the perfect trip over the next few hours, arguing over where we would stay and where we would visit. We ended up agreeing on going to the Melbourne Star, Medibank Icehouse, Melbourne Zoo, Great Victorian Markets and Luna Park going for a few days.

"But wait, aren't you and Oswell under house arrest, or are you going rebel?" Caellum questioned and Oswell sighed, thinking it was all over.

"Nope, we served our time and we're free again," I answered.

"When did this happen?" Oswell demanded.

"While I was in Rikard's office," I stated and he nodded. I smiled at him and he smiled back, both of us rejoining the group.

"So when are we going to leave?" Av asked.

"Tonight," I announced.

"Is that a good idea? Going straight after the final step?" Caellum argued.

"Why not? Everyone else will be here to pound them, and if they're mad, we'll be out of here," I offered and everyone seemed to agree.

"Okay, it's settled. We leave tonight," Oswell declared and we all wooed in excitement. Av and Caellum left to pack, so Oswell and I did the same. It was almost a struggle, trying to fit all my clothes into my bag, but I managed. Then I chose a few pairs shoes and shoved them in, as grabbing my hat, gloves, jacket, sunglasses and wig, before zipping up my bag.

"They'll have toothbrushes in the Stuff bag, right?" I asked Oswell, realizing I hadn't really brushed my teeth since I got here.

"Yeah, always do," he shrugged. "Along with all other toiletries," he added and I nodded. Thank god for that. Speaking of toiletries, I checked my phone, going back to last month and looking at dates.

"Crap," I muttered.

"What?" Oswell questioned.

"T.o.m's coming while we're in Melbourne," I sighed, throwing my phone down on the bed.

"Who the hell is Tom?" Oswell demanded and I smiled.

"T.O.M. Time of month," I explained and his eyes went wide with understanding.

"Oh, um, okay," he drawled, making me giggle. "Didn't you say that Amy now lived in Melbourne?" he remembered and I nodded.

"One more reason to go," I stated, lying down on the bed.

"You really hate her that much?" he doubted.

"More she hated me that much, so the feeling became mutual," I recalled. I remembered trying to be good, but Amy found out about my nature and starting distancing herself from me, turning cold. So I began to hate her back.

"But enough to kill her?" he insisted and I looked up with him.

"Nobody should have to go through that," I told him, lying back down. "They call us the monster, while they let parents reject their children, writing it off as 'their right as the parent' until it gets dire. Allow people to poison themselves by drinking to excess, corrupt politicians lead us," I ranted. I felt an arm around my waist, so I looked over and saw Oswell was lying next to me, smiling. "Do you find this funny?" I chided.

"No, just your passion," he answered and I smiled too. "I agree with everything you're were saying," he added and I smiled more. My stomach growled and Oswell chuckled. "Are you always hungry?" he commented and I smiled, jumping up.

"I am when I skip meal, which seems to have become habit. So technically, yes," I answered, heading out the door.

"Don't eat anyone's food!" He called as I made my way down the stairs. I rolled my eyes while smiling when I entered the kitchen and opened the fridge. There was a sandwich covered in glad wrap and a note on top, so I grabbed it out and looked at it.