Part 35

As the week went on, I found myself almost begging for a next lesson. I was running through them like a race, and my competitive side was taking over that I even found myself leading the dates.

Jack's did have me learn a bit faster than most, but only because he was a people person and could easily set a comfortable mood for anyone.

My mind then wanders towards Mathew.

Oh, him. He was a thorn stuck to my damn neck. Him and all his text book, computer-toned instructions made the butterflies in my stomach commit suicide. Yet then he would do something that would cause the dead insects to rise, and flutter his name.

Witch craft!

Then there was Peter. He was a sweetheart, as always, and spent most his time quietly muttering about Jean. Slowly he warmed up to me, and spoke openly about his relationship with what Jack would call, Hell's Mistress.

"She can't be that bad." I remember saying as Jack scoffed.

"The woman wants him to stick up for his little self, yet not to her. She's a controlling nut." He stated while tapping my hands. "You, love, are much lovelier. A little Alpha, I say."

Squinting my eyes at him I twist my lips before smiling. "Didn't I already get through the Compliment/Praise lesson?"

A grin splashed light into his chiseled jaw as he looked back at me saying, "Ah! I believe we should always put it to good use daily, I wouldn't want you to forget."

Focusing on the now, I sigh at my computer screen; little bubbles rose, and popped as I tapped the keys with a pen.

I felt almost drained, and energized all at once.

I'm getting used to being out and about. I leaned back on my chair. I wanted to be outside, or at least talking to someone -preferably a Wallis.

"Even The Ice Queen himself," I muttered after blowing a raspberry. Pulling out my phone I shake it, then quickly stop myself. "No, I am not going to call him."

It's been three days since I last saw him, and even though he was the one who annoyed me the most...I felt closer to him than the rest.

"Gotta be witch craft." My head fell straight on the desk while I clutched the phone. Someone knocked at the edge of the desk. Slowly I tilted my head to the side, only to see shiny, black, little pumps.

Closing my eyes, I groan. "What now, Alexis? I already stayed up finished filing last nights orders, plus sorting out your department's mess." Quietly I added how I didn't even get five hours of sleep.

Tapping her foot she waited till I sat up. Clearly she didn't care how tired I was of being at work. Giving up, I sat straight and crossed my arms, mentally noting work was almost over. Her eyes were eyeing me suspiciously, and her mouth was pressed tightly in. Blinking myself awake, I noticed how she wanted to smile.

"What?" I finally asked her.

Hunching over, she leaned into my desk. "Who were you with last night?"

Jack.

"No one." I lied.

"I saw you leave with a hunky man."

Please, stop. He's not...hunky.

A picture of his chest appeared across my eyes, and suddenly my body started betraying me.

"Oh you did! You're all red! Tell me who he is, is he your mmm-mm, did you hmm-hm?" She leaned all the way into my personal bubble and had me by the hands. "Did you...did you have hmm-mm?!"

"Why are you humming?!" I am beyond confused as she searches my eyes for whatever answer I could posses.

Once she found one, she relaxed, and her eyes sadden. "Oh, you didn't, did you, hon." Alexis tapped my hands as if I were naïve, which I didn't believe I was!

But you don't even know what she's talking about.

Who cares! I am a grown WOMAN...I can guess.

"What are you talking about?" I reply as the voices in my head argued on.

Alexis smiled and giggled. "Oh, I just thought, since you left your car here, and had that guy come for you, that you --you know." She wiggled her shoulders, "had some fun."

"We did."

Maybe I shouldn't had said it. She shrieked, having the entire floor look over to my usually quiet station.

After her uncontrollable bursts, I added, "We saw that funny movie that just came out. The one about chickens." Boy, did her eyes fall flat as I stared back. "What? He brought me right back. Why wouldn't I return home?"

"Hon, you're something else." She got up, shook her head, then began walking away. As I turned away, she quickly jolted her arms up, spun around, and jogged her ass back to me.

I caught her before she fell over. Those heels of hers could never go over 2mph. "What's wrong with you! You could have sprained your ankle again!"

"Ow," she winced, then added something I wasn't ready for. "Dale is here!"

Snapping my head to the side, I pick up his voice away in the distance.

Who was the one who cursed my freaking day?!