Part 27

Oh! That, that....oh! I couldn't even think clear enough to collect any of my colorful insults.Things were being thrown around in my mind; ones I wouldn't need to admit ever out loud, but ones that did bother the hell out of me.

One, yes, it hurt how he said I tired him. Who wouldn't be hurt by that? Especially when I...argh! When I was just begining to enjoy his company. Really, I did want to cry, but my pride had swollen up, covering my tear glands.

Two, who the hell calls in their brothers to help out in something like this. Was this what he ment by 'not being a one man job' or whatever?!

As I stand outside, I remember we drove here in Peter's rented car, and I ball up a fist to my cheek whispering with anger boiling inside my throat, "A ride would really...REALLY be nice right now, so help me out universe."

Behind me, I hear Peter mutter who I was speaking to.

"To Satan." I muttered under my breath, then rolled my eyes. "Wait no, Satan is back there inside wearing a button up with slacks and white slippers."

"Miss Kett, would you like a lift?"

He was kind and a sweetheart, just like his father, Kurt, had proudly mentioned so many times. I did feel awful about dragging him around like a stuffed bear, and now that it was sinking in that he was a man, I started to blush. Great.

"Uh, yes, please." I say, then walk with him to the automobile. Once we're both strapped in, I, without noticing, touch his free hand. I didn't mean to yelp, but I did. You see, whenever Mathew would drive now, he insisted on holding hands. Guess it has stuck on me.

"Sorry, Mathew got me used to it."

"Oh, no, no, it's all right." He blushed a deeper color than I did. "That means you're progressing."

He cleared his throat, then took my hand.

I didn't blink for the longest time, and didn't even bother to check how poor Peter was doing. Unlike his assertive, big headed brothers, this had to be awkward for him. He kept driving, and his heat began taking over mine.

Our hands were on fire, our arms were on fire, the whole damn car was on fire, and I wanted to rinse his hand because it was sweaty.

Is this how Mathew sees me? I cock my head back and rest on the cushion. I am going to prove that asshole wrong. I am not a little girl.

"Have you kissed my brother yet?"

Nevermind. I am. I am, and can someone run into the car so I don't have to answer this?!

"I have." I say as cool as a cat.

Perfect.

"Oh. How?"

That crumbled my confidence. Would you like a damn demonstration or something?!

"I, ah, with his lips...on my lips." I say, giving him a tiny, pathetic smile. For the first time, I hear his laugh, and let me tell you...angels were born and raised in that boy's throat.

"I like your laugh." I say half ditsy, then quicky realize I've said it aloud. So I quickly change the topic. "So what did you have plan for today?" Might as well ask since that was the whole point of him being put in this spot with me.

He swallowed, then licked his lips trying to come up with the words.

"To be quite honest, I am a bit exhausted. I was going to lay in bed and watch a film or two. Uhm..." He paused as the blood ran away from face.

Bed. Guy. Films...BED.

He assured me with a nervous, upside-down smile."It could be as a couple lesson. It would be simple, I am sure. Or have you already done that with-"

"Nnnno. We have not." I cut him off. Sure I wanted to sometimes see what it was to just relax next to a guy, just like how I would always see my sister with her head upon Hank, both doing nothing but watching some sport I couldn't decipher. "We could try that."

"Thank goodness. I was hoping you'd agree. I am still not used to the time zone here."

"Yeah. ha..ha." My stomach was spraying acid all over my lungs, and I knew it because I couldn't breathe properly. He made a U-turn, and were right back on our way to the inn.