Part 12 (Mathew's POV)

"You look-" I was about to say something that would easily have made her smile, or better yet, blush in anger. But before I could even lean in to steal a kiss, an earthquake struck.

"WE'RE READY!" Two loud, shrill voices came from the stairs, followed by towels and toys. The two small girls shook the entire staircase comiing down. The smallest ran up to Lania, then pulled her in for a hug; leaving me in my mid-attemp to kiss her.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!" She shouted.

"What is all this?" I narrowed my eyes to Lania's little smile.

"They were bored, and had nothing to do. How can I go out for a swim and have them be home?"

"Your mother?"

"She's busy with a new case."

I couldn't tell if she was lying or not, but it's not as if I had the bloody time to search for the truth in her eyes; her sisters rushed her out and in to the car.

Away from my twitchy fingers. You are not going to escape this lesson. I'm going to touch you.

The car ride there seemed to never end. Mary, and Joan insisted to have Lania in the back with them. Then they sang horrible, pop songs I hasn't familiar with.

"Oh, oh, here it comes!" Mary jumped around in her seat.

Oh, no.

"Ready?!" Joan squeaked.

Please, not again.

My hand almost turned the steering wheel to pulp as I braced myslef for the sirens in the back.

"...I CAME IN LIKE A WRECKING BALL! I NEVER HIT SO HARD IN LOVE! ALL I WANTED WAS TO BREAK YOUR WALLS! ALL YOU EVER DID WAS-" The three sang, then broke down into a theatrical pose and quietly finished, "bre-eh-eh-ack me."

Lania caught a glimpse of my eyes through the mirror. Her smile was wonderful. Not her teeth, or lips, no, the way she just smiled made me practically almost find her attractive.

"Oh-GOD, Mathew!" Lania's eyes popped. She pointed ahead as the girls screamed how they were not ready to die. Quickly, I focused on the road, then swurved around a parked truck on the side of the road.

"Apologies, I haven't become acustomed to your roads, ladies." I smiled as Lania's fists shook for a full minute till she breathed out calmly.

"I'll show you the one to hell." Lania mumbled as the girls wrapped their arms around her.

"Give me your hand." I ordered while keeping my eyes to the road.

"What? No." She crossed her arms.

I extended out my hand without looking, "give me your bloody hand, Ms. Kett."

"And I have told you NO, Mr. Wallis." She hissed as my name slipped through.

Sighing, I placed both hands on the wheel and continued driving.

She's making this so difficult