Chapter 29

"So where are we even going?!" Josh asked.
"The airport, they have plane waiting for us...floor it josh we dont have much time!" He sped up a little. Giving me a dirty look.
"At hilkton?"
"Yes! Now go! We have to make it out of here..."
"Wait, so I'm taking the plane with you guys?"
"Of course..." I looked at lindsey dead in the eye.
"You are my daughter now...if you dont want to come, we can drop you off real quick"
"No-I'm fine, thank you. I dont ever want to go back to what seems like hell." I smiled at her. We were going to be getting along fine. All of a sudden, josh stopped the car. I gasped trying to grab onto something, but my arm was still weak from the bullet. I flew backwards, almost hitting my head. Lindsey was able to hold onto the seat.
"What the---" josh wasnt in his seat. The door was open. And he was walking twoards a car.
"What is he--"
"Shhh." I said sushing lindsey. I got out, and got ready for a cry-fest. Josh sat down next to jackie. Her zombified body lay dead.
"Josh we--" he traced the bullet hole in her head. He stood up, grabbing my face, and looking me dead in the eye. He kissed me. He told me he loved me. He told me he was sorry that what we had didn't work out and that he was happy we were safe with him. He hugged me.
"Josh---Im" I was teary eyed.
"Lets do this...for...my good friend jackie" we ran back into the van. And drove to the airport. We arrived in the nick of time.