Chapter 19

We woke up the next morning. Normal, everything was the same. Remembering what happened last night sort of ruined it. Katey came knocking on the door at around 8. We were up at 6. We opened the door for her, and she came in.
"Wheres the others?" I asked sitting next to her.
"I wanted to-to talk to you guys. Since we trust eachother, we are a group."
"Is this about last night?"
"Sort of. Depending on what you saw. I just want to tell you guys first. If you want to split away from us, thats fine. But dont hurt my family please"
"Josh!" I called him in. He sat next to me smiling at katey. She smiled back nervously.
"Whats up?"
"Well, katey wants to tell us something"
"Ok. Yesterday sometime, Not when cameron was with you but, just sometime yesterday. Cameron was out. I guess he heard something and wanted to check it out. Ya know, man of the house or something, he went outside and, found one of those things. He tried to hit it with a rock. And it, it bit at him." I seen josh clench his jaw.
"He got bit around the color bone" josh swallowed hardly.
"What did mike or lindsey do about it? Do they know?"
"Mike and lindsey are out looking for meds, camerons in his room" my mother instinct started to kick in. And I was getting mad.
"Katey. How dare you-"
"Listen Danny, I understand you are mad. I understand you are a mother too-"
"I have a baby! You put her in danger by your sick son?!"
"What would you do? What do I do?"
"We shoot him!"
"No, NO PLEASE. Dont say that!" Katey was mad. And crying.
"What else we gonna do? The boys sick! Theres no cure for it!"
"Nevermind, just stay away from us and our family. I never should have came to you" katey said.
"Get out! Out of the motel!" Josh was yelling. Amelias eyes were bulging from her head. I put my hand on joshs arm trying to calm him down. It probably was alot to take in for katey. He shook my hand off.
"Out of the motel? We were here first! How dare you!"
"YOU HAVE ONE OF THOSE THINGS HERE. GET OUT!" Josh yelled. I went over to amelia. Katey gave me one hard stare. And slammed the door behind her.
"They aren't going to leave" I said
"I know...let me handle this" I didn't know what it meant. But it was our protection.