Chapter 28

The phone rang.
"Hello?" It was a mans voice. It sounded musky.
"Hello?"
"Oh god! Are you at the market?!"
"Um yes?"
"Jesus cr--who is with you?"
"I have two daughters and a husband"
"Well, if you can make it to the Hilkton Airport by 9:30 we have enough room for one more family. I choked on my spit.
"Oh my god, sir thank you. We-we will be there as soon as possible" it was 8:16. We needed to hurry. With regular traffic conditions, it was about an 2 hours. Without traffic it would be just over an hour I was guessing.
"Hurry! More people could be on their way." I hung up and darted out of the room.
"Come on. We are leaving now, dont ask yet, josh get the van started, lindz and me will pack food in the back. Put meel in her seat."
"What are we doing aren't we--" josh was cut off by a loud gargling noise. Right outside the window was a huge swarm of zombies. Over 50! Lindz screamed and we hurried. Packing the food inside, getting amelia situated, getting the van to start, it was getting colder out so it was taking longer to start. The stupid engine was stalling.
"Come on joshhhh" I said impatiently.
"Im going!" The zombies were clawing at the doors. They were loud. I covered meels eyes. And josh got the van going. We took off leaving the herd behind. Hopefully.