Chapter 15

*josh pov*
Mike seemed like an ok guy, he seemed commited to his family, and their safety. We headed out to the parking lot. Our guns were loaded, and ready incase we needed to use them. The parking lot had lots of old and rundown cars that werent being used. Probably becuase they were invaded. We had our car and that was it. We headed to the back, and found an old green van.
"What the?"
"Pretty weird color. Havent seen a van in this color green"
"Ive seen this green before..."
"Where?"
"My daughters eyes, they, they are this weird color of, never mind lets just check it out" I tried to open the door and it was locked, but the window was rolled down, so I just unlocked it from there, the keys weren't in the ignition, probably somehwere near the van at least. We searched the van. I found a map and the insurance papers in the console. These poor people. I kept the map, and looked for the keys.
"Found em" mike said crawling out from under the car.
"Awesome!" He handed them to me and I put them in the ignition. The van started right away, not even stalling.
"Oh my god! Best of luck!" I said hopping out of my seat. Mike checked the tires and under the hood before we actually started driving. Everything was in good shape. We drove it around the parking lot to make sure that it would run good.
"So...you...where you come from?"
"L.A"
"Shes your wife?"
"Yes..."
"Nice" I gave him a look.
"Whats that supposed to mean?"
"I dont know..." Um ok. Akward. We then parked the car in front of the motel and headed back inside.