chapter 21 : Mahii!

eyes fixed on me with an intensity that made my skin prickle

eyes fixed on me with an intensity that made my skin prickle. I tried to ignore him, focusing on Kevin's stories and the delicious food in front of me. But I could feel Veeranshu's gaze like a weight, pressing down on me. I started to feel trapped, like I was being suffocated by his possessiveness. I tried to shake off the feeling, telling myself I was being paranoid. But as I glanced up and caught Veeranshu's eye, I knew I wasn't imagining things. He was glaring at me, his eyes flashing with a warning. I felt a shiver run down my spine as I realized that he was warning me away from Kevin. Away from any connection, any friendship, any relationship that wasn't with him. I felt a surge of anger and frustration, but I pushed it down, not wanting to make a scene. Instead, I turned back to Kevin and continued our conversation, trying to ignore the suffocating feeling that Veeranshu's gaze was giving me. But I knew I couldn't ignore it forever. Something had to give.

I walked back to my desk, lost in thought, when I realized I had forgotten to bring a crucial file. I sighed and headed back to the file room, hoping it wouldn't take long to find. As I searched through the shelves, I didn't notice anyone around me. I was so focused on finding that file. After a few minutes of searching, I finally found it and was about to leave when suddenly, someone pulled me back and pinned me against the wall. My heart raced, and I was about to scream, but before I could make a sound, a hand covered my mouth. I struggled for a moment, but then I saw who it was - Mr. Veeranshu Rajput. I relaxed a little, knowing he wouldn't hurt me. But why was he doing this? What did he want?

"Shh, Mahira," he whispered in my ear, his voice low and husky. "I need to talk to you."

I nodded, and he slowly removed his hand from my mouth. I took a deep breath, trying to calm down.

"What is it, Mr. Rajput?" I asked, trying to sound calm.

He leaned in closer, his eyes burning with an intensity that made my heart race.

"I saw you with Kevin at lunch," he said, his voice low and menacing. "I don't like it, Mahira. I don't like it one bit."

My heart skipped a beat as I realized where this was going. Veeranshu's possessiveness was no longer just a feeling - it was a reality, and I was trapped in his sights.

"Why do you care, Mr. Rajput?" I asked, my voice firm but laced with a hint of provocation. I knew where this was going, and I wanted to know if it was the same feelings that drove him to be so possessive.

His eyes narrowed, and his jaw clenched, but I didn't back down. I took a step closer, my heart racing with anticipation.

"Why do you care when I talk to other men, when I get close to them?" I asked, my voice dropping to a whisper. "Why would you mind if I kiss someone else?"

I didn't get to complete my sentence. With a swift motion, he grasped my face and pulled me into a fierce kiss. His lips were hot and demanding, and I felt like I was melting into his embrace. I tried to resist, but my body betrayed me, responding to his touch with a hunger I couldn't deny.

As we kissed, the world around us melted away, leaving only the two of us, lost in the intensity of our passion. His hands roamed my body, claiming me as his own, and I felt like I was drowning in his possessiveness.

But even as I surrendered to his kiss, I knew I had to confront the truth. Was this love, or was it an obsession? And where did I stand in this tangled web of emotions?

The kiss ended as abruptly as it began, leaving me breathless and confused. Veeranshu's eyes still burned with intensity, but I saw a glimmer of something else there too - a hint of vulnerability, a glimmer of fear.

"You're mine, Mahira," he whispered, his voice low and husky. "And I won't let anyone take you away from me."

I tried to provoke him further, knowing the consequences well, but I wanted to see how far he would go. "What if I don't want to be yours, Mr. Rajput?" I asked, my voice firm but laced with a hint of defiance.

He pulled me closer, his grip tightening until our fronts were pressing together. I could feel his heart racing, his breathing heavy, and his eyes burning with intensity.

"You're mine, Mahira," he whispered, his voice low and husky. "And no one would dare to take away something that belongs to Veeranshu Rajput. You're my most precious treasure, and I'll do whatever it takes to keep you safe."

I felt a shiver run down my spine as he spoke, his words both thrilling and terrifying me. I knew I was playing with fire, but I couldn't help myself. I was drawn to the passion and intensity that Veeranshu radiated, even if it meant risking my own life .

As we stood there, locked in a fierce embrace, I knew I had to make a choice. Would I surrender to his possessiveness, or would I fight for it ? The consequences of my decision would be far-reaching, and I knew I had to be prepared for the outcome.

As I stood there, trying to process what had just happened, I couldn't help but think about the kiss. The way his lips had claimed mine, the way his arms had wrapped around me, holding me close. I felt a blush rise to my cheeks, and before I knew it, Veeranshu had grabbed my waist and lifted me onto the table beside him.

"So, Ms. Sengupta, do you have any other questions?" he asked, his voice low and husky, his eyes gleaming with amusement.

I looked away, my face burning with embarrassment. But he wouldn't let me hide. He reached out and grasped my chin, turning my face back to his.

"Mahii," he whispered, his voice sending shivers down my spine.

I was red with the nickname, my heart racing with excitement. No one had ever called me that before, and it felt like a secret only he knew.

His eyes held mine, his gaze intense and possessive. I felt like he was claiming me, marking me as his own. And I couldn't deny it - I liked it. I liked the way he made me feel, like I was the only person in the world.

"Answer me, Mahii," he whispered, his breath caressing my skin. "Do you have any other questions?"

I shook my head, my voice caught in my throat. I couldn't speak, couldn't think. All I could do was feel, and what I felt was the intense attraction between us, like a live wire sparking with electricity.

Veeranshu's eyes crinkled at the corners as he smiled, his fingers tracing the curve of my jaw. "Good," he whispered. "Because I think we're done with questions for now. And soon, we'll be done with secrets too."

Just as Veeranshu's face was inches from mine, and I was sure he was going to kiss me again, a knock at the door made me jump like a startled rabbit! I pushed him away, my heart racing, and stood up, trying to compose myself.

But Veeranshu just smirked, looking utterly shameless! I rolled my eyes, trying to hide my own blush.

Just then, Sanyukta poked her head in, looking apologetic. "Mahira, Kevin's looking for you. He needs to discuss something urgent."

I chuckled, still feeling the flutter in my chest. "Tell him I'll be there in five minutes, Sanyukta. Thanks for saving me!"

Veeranshu raised an eyebrow, his expression mock-offended. "Saving you from what, Mahii?"

I just winked at him and hurried out of the room, leaving him to wonder. Little did I know, this was just the beginning of a whirlwind adventure with Veeranshu Rajput!