chapter 20 : is he Jealous?

I pulled up to his place, the rain pouring down in sheets

I pulled up to his place, the rain pouring down in sheets. I could barely see a thing, but I knew I was in the right place. I took a deep breath and stepped out of the car, my hair and clothes getting soaked in an instant.

I reached his place, my heart racing with worry. I knew he was going through a tough time, and I couldn't ignore my instincts telling me something was off.

I knocked on the door, and when he finally opened it, I was taken aback. He looked exhausted, his eyes sunken, and his face pale. He tried to smile, but it was a weak attempt.

"Hey, Mahira. I'm fine," he said, trying to reassure me.

But I wasn't buying it. I pushed past him and entered his apartment, taking in the mess and disarray. He had clearly been struggling to take care of himself.

"You need help, and I'm here to give it to you."

He sighed, rubbing his temples. "Mahira, I don't want to burden you with my problems."

"Mr.Rajput , you're not a burden," I said, my heart aching with love and concern. "I know how it feels to be alone . Let me help you."

He looked at me, his eyes searching for something. I knew he was struggling to accept help, but I also knew he needed it.

Finally, he nodded. "Okay, Mahira. I need your help."

And with that, I took charge, making him tea, cooking him dinner, and listening to him talk about his struggles. I held his hand, and he let me, his grip tightening as he opened up to me.

As the night wore on, I knew that this was what love was all about - being there for each other, no matter what. And I was determined to be there for him, every step of the way.

"Mr.Rajput , I should get going," I said, standing up and grabbing my coat. "The rain has stopped, and I don't want to overstay my welcome."

But veeranshu's face fell, and he looked at me with pleading eyes. "Don't go, Mahira," he said, his voice low and husky. "It's still slippery outside, and I don't want you to get hurt."

I smiled and shook my head. "I'll be fine . I'm a big girl."

But he persisted, his excuses getting more and more creative. "But what if you slip and fall? What if you get sick from the cold? What if...?"

I laughed and rolled my eyes. "Mr.Rajput , you're not my mother. I can take care of myself."

But he looked so crestfallen that I couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt. And when he took my hand, his fingers intertwining with mine, I felt my resolve weakening.

"Please, Mahira," he said, his eyes locking onto mine. "Just stay for a little while longer.

I sighed, feeling my heart melt. "Fine,
Mr.rajput . But just for a little while longer."