chapter 7 : Protective instincts

I stepped out of the elevator and onto the luxurious hotel's grand ballroom floor, feeling a mix of relief and frustration

I stepped out of the elevator and onto the luxurious hotel's grand ballroom floor, feeling a mix of relief and frustration. I was late, thanks to a meeting that ran longer than expected. I had been looking forward to this reunion all this time , and now I was worried that I'd missed out on all the fun.

As I made my way to the registration desk, I asked the volunteer if she had seen Mahira. I had been hoping to catch up with her tonight. The volunteer's apologetic expression told me everything I needed to know.

"I'm so sorry, Sir . Mahira left about 10 minutes ago. She wasn't feeling well."

My disappointment turned to annoyance. That meeting had cost me the chance to see her. I was about to turn around and leave when I heard a faint commotion coming from one of the rooms nearby. It sounded like raised voices, followed by a door slamming shut.

My curiosity piqued, I decided to investigate. I made my way towards the room, my heart beating a little faster with anticipation. What was going on?

As I approached the room, I could hear muffled voices and the sound of footsteps. I hesitated for a moment, wondering if I should intervene, but my instincts told me that something was off. I slowly turned the handle and pushed open the door.

As I entered the room, I saw a man's hand reaching out to touch Mahira's face. She was leaning back, her eyes wide with fear, and her body language screaming for help. I could see the panic in her eyes, and my instincts told me that she was in grave danger. As soon as I saw his hand about to touch Mahira, I saw red. My vision blurred, and my instincts took over. I strode over to Him , my eyes fixed on his, and gripped him by the throat.

"How dare you!" I growled, my voice low and menacing. "How dare you touch her!"

His eyes went wide, and he tried to struggle, but I held him firm. Mahira's eyes were fixed on me, her face pale with fear.

"stop!" she cried, her voice shaking, almost inaudible. "Please, don't hurt him!"

But I couldn't stop. I was consumed by a fierce protectiveness, a primal urge to defend Mahira from harm.

"You think you can just touch her, hurt her, and get away with it?" I snarled, my grip on Rohan's throat tightening. "You think you're above the law?"

His face was turning red, and he was struggling to breathe. I knew I had to let him go, but I couldn't seem to release my grip.

"please!" Mahira cried, her hands on my arm, trying to pull me away. "Stop! You're going to kill him!"

Her words finally penetrated my fog of anger, and I released him with a shove. He stumbled back, gasping for breath.

"Get out," I snarled, my eyes still fixed on Rohan. "Get out before I do something I regret."

He didn't need to be told twice. He turned and ran out of the room, leaving Mahira and me alone.

I turned to Mahira, my chest still heaving with anger. "Are you okay?" I demanded, my voice still rough.

Mahira nodded, her eyes still wide with fear. "I'm fine," she said, her voice shaking. "Thank you for stopping him."

As I saw Mahira struggling to stand, I quickly pulled her close by the waist and gently helped her sit down on the nearest table. She looked up at me with wide eyes, her expression a mix of shock and gratitude. She didn't say a word, but her eyes seemed to convey a thousand thoughts.

As we sat there, I could feel her gaze on me, her eyes fixed on mine as if searching for reassurance. I smiled softly and whispered, "It's okay, Mahira. I've got you. You're safe now."

She nodded slightly, her eyes still wide with emotion, but she didn't say a word. I knew that she was still trying to process everything, and I was happy to just be there for her, silent and supportive.

After a few moments, I knew we needed to get her to the hospital, so I helped her down from the table and we made our way out of the venue, the drama of the night still echoing in our minds.