Chapter 4 : the Recognition

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the fan meet session came to an end

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the fan meet session came to an end. She smiled and waved goodbye to the last of her fans, and then turned to her publishing company staff to discuss the next steps.

As they chatted, I remained hidden behind the bookshelf, my eyes fixed on her. I was so close, yet still so far away. I could see the exhaustion in her eyes, the way her smile seemed to falter for just a moment before she caught herself. But I could also see the spark of passion that still burned within her, the fire that drove her to create such beautiful stories.

I knew that I had to be careful, that I couldn't reveal myself just yet. I didn't want to startle her, or make her feel uncomfortable in any way. So I waited, patiently, as the staff members chatted with her and helped her pack up her things.

As the staff members left one by one, but she was still there .

She was watching the books' names, tracing her hands over the spines so gently. It was as if she was searching for a specific title, or perhaps a memory. Her fingers danced across the shelves, her eyes scanning the texts with a quiet intensity.

But then, she was about to turn and leave, her mission apparently abandoned. That's when she saw him. The face, the eyes she had always dreamed about. Her heart skipped a beat, her breath catching in her throat.

For a moment, she was terrified. The sudden appearance of this stranger,...this person she had only ever seen in her dreams, left her reeling. But she didn't show it. She couldn't show it. Instead, she froze, her eyes locked on his, her expression a mask of calm.

Veeranshu, too, was motionless, his gaze fixed on hers. He seemed to be waiting for her to make a move, to acknowledge him in some way. But she couldn't. She was trapped in this moment, unsure of what to do next.

She turned to leave, her eyes fixed on the exit as if it was her only escape. But Veeranshu was too quick. He strode towards her, his long legs eating up the distance, and caught her arm just as she was about to reach the door.

She spun back to face him, her eyes flashing with a mixture of fear and defiance. But Veeranshu's grip only tightened, his fingers wrapping around her wrist like a vice.

"You can't leave," he growled, his voice low and menacing.

She tried to pull away, but Veeranshu was too strong. He pulled her back into the room, his eyes never leaving hers. She stumbled, her heels clicking on the floor, until her back hit the wall.

Veeranshu loomed over her, his dominant attitude and aura suffocating her. But it was his eyes that really terrified her. They seemed to bore into her soul, as if he could see every secret she had ever kept.
Her eyes widened, her breath catching in her throat. She was trapped, with no escape from the man who had haunted her dreams for so long.

As Veeranshu gazed into her eyes, he saw a flicker of recognition. It was a fleeting moment, but he knew that she had seen the truth. She had written a book about him, about his life as the King of the 15th century, and now she was face to face with the man himself.

He could see the shock and disbelief in her eyes, the struggle to reconcile the historical figure she had dreamt about, the flesh-and-blood person standing before her. And yet, despite the initial hesitation, she didn't look away. She kept her eyes locked on his, as if searching for answers to the questions that had haunted her for so long.

Veeranshu's grip on her wrist tightened, his fingers wrapping around her like a vice. He pulled her closer, his eyes burning with an intensity that left her breathless.

"You know who I am," he stated, his voice low and husky. "Don't deny it."

She swallowed hard, her throat bobbing up and down. "I don't know you," she stammered. "Let me go or I'll call security" .

Veeranshu's eyes narrowed, his gaze piercing hers. "You've written a book about me And now, you're face to face with the man himself."

He could see the fear and awe warring in her eyes, the struggle to comprehend the impossible. And yet, despite the chaos that raged within her, she didn't look away. She kept her eyes locked on his, as if mesmerized by the prospect of being so close to a piece of history.

Veeranshu's gaze intensified, his eyes burning with an unspoken demand. "You're not going to deny it, are you?" he asked, his voice low and husky.

She tried to look away, but his grip on her wrist tightened, his fingers digging into her skin. "I...I don't know what you're talking about," she stammered, trying to sound convincing.

Veeranshu's eyes narrowed, his jaw clenched in frustration. "Don't play games with me," he growled, his voice dripping with warning. "I know you recognize me. I can see it in your eyes."

She tried to wriggle free, but he held her fast. "Let me go," she demanded, her voice shaking slightly.

Veeranshu's grip  only tightened. "Not until you admit the truth," he said, his eyes blazing with determination.

She glared at him, her eyes flashing with defiance. "I don't know what you want from me," she spat, trying to sound braver than she felt.

Veeranshu's grip only tightened. Suddenly, he saw a sight that made his heart skip a beat - a tear welling up in her eye. He realized his grip was too tight, and it would leave marks on her delicate skin. He quickly loosened his hold, but the damage was done. The tear spilled over, and she quickly brushed it away, trying to hide her emotion. Veeranshu's eyes widened in shock, and he felt a pang of guilt for causing her distress.
Veeranshu watched as she turned and made her way to the exit, not trying to stop her this time. As she reached the door, she turned back to face him, her eyes still teary but with a fierce determination in them.

"I forgot how ruthless you were," she said, her voice steady despite the emotion. "Thanks for reminding me. I'll make sure to mention it in my next book."

Veeranshu was taken aback by her bravery. He had expected her to cower in fear, but instead, she was standing up to him, her eyes flashing with defiance. He felt a twinge of respect for her, and his impression of her changed in that moment.

He nodded, a small  sinister smile playing on his lips. "I'm looking forward to reading it," he said, his voice low and husky.

She turned and walked out of the room, leaving Veeranshu to ponder the unexpected turn of events. He had never met anyone like her before, and he couldn't help but feel intrigued by her bravery and determination.