81

Today is Kara's birthday and Lena was up first on this morning and making the blonde who is currently sleeping after doing her work most of the night. When the food is ready she puts it on a tray and takes it to their room and gently wakes up Kara. "Good morning beautiful!" Lena cooed as Kara opens her eyes up. "Lee! What is all this?" Kara asked. "It's the start of your birthday celebration!" Lena squealed. "I'm just turning nineteen...it's not that big of a deal...." Kara whined. "Oh stop darling! You knew this was gonna happen when we got together...so deal with it!" Lena stated. "Yes dear!" Kara replied as she sat up in bed. "I made yo breakfast, and I've got reservations for tonight at a restaurant so after classes we'll come back here and get ready then go out." Lena stated. "That works for me." Kara replied as she cut into the pile of pancakes.

"Good! I'm glad you like it." Lena replied. "Lee..these pancakes are amazing!" Kara replied with a smile. "I'm glad you like them darling." Lena replied as she sat next to her in bed. A few minutes later they both took showers and got ready for their classes. Upon entering the living room Kara was pulled into a hug. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARA!" Alex yelled! "Thanks Alex." Kara replied. "Here! This is for you! It's from me. And this is from mom." Alex replied. "Thanks Alex! Lee made me breakfast..." Kara replied as she opened up the gift from Eliza first revealing a care package of brownies, cookies, gift cards to different food places and a shirt. "I'll call her tonight and thank her."  Kara replied as she opened up Alex's gift. Inside the box was a bunch of things. There was a couple necklaces, and shirts and then Kara found it at the bottom of the box was three tickets to Kara's favorite band. "Oh RAO!" Kara yelled out. "Yes! We're all going to the concert this weekend!" Alex exclaimed. "Who are we seeing?" Lena asked. "The Bangles! They're gonna be here in the city!" Kara replied happily. "Oh that sounds like fun!" Lena replied with a smile.

A few hours later during lunch Lena sat next to Kara and slipped her arm around her waist. "So it's your birthday today?" Lucy asked. "Yea...nineteen." Kara replied. "Do you already have plans for it?" Andrea asked. "Yep! Lena's taking me out tonight. She also made me breakfast in bed." Kara explained. "That sounds nice!" Lucy replied. "Yea...Lee's amazing like that. Then Alex got tickets to The Bangles concert this weekend. So I'm looking forward to that too...it'll be great to spend more time with Lena and Alex." Kara replied. "Oh Lena's going too?" Lucy asked. "Of course I am, it's Kara's favorite band I'm not gonna miss it for the world." Lena replied.

"So where are you taking her Lena?" Andrea asked. "To this Italian restaurant in town. I made reservations two week ago." Lena replied. "Isn't that place like really hard to get into?" Lucy asked. "It is. But I am a Luthor so they quickly gave me a private table easily enough." Lena replied. "Lee! You don't have to get a private room..." Kara groaned. "Of course I did darling. I don't want everyone to see what I'm giving you for your birthday." Lena replied. "What did you get me?" Kara asked. "You'll have to wait til tonight sweetheart. Just know that you're gonna love it." Lena replied with a smile. Lucy just glared at them while she ate her food.

After classes Kara and Lena returned home to get ready for their date. Kara put on a red dress that went to her thigh and had spaghetti straps over her shoulders, she also put on one of the necklaces Eliza got her, hair pulled back in a low pony tail and light makeup on her face she waited for Lena to get done. A few minutes later Lena emerged wearing a sharp suit on with heels on and her hair up in a high bun with darker makeup on her face. "You look beautiful darling." Lena cooed.

Lena drove to the restaurant and helped Kara out of the car wrapping her arm around Kara's back as they walked into the restaurant. "Table for Luthor!" Lena said to the man. "Right this way!" He stated as he walked them to a private room in the back. "Here you are ladies! Enjoy your evening!" The man stated. As he left them alone. "Lee! This is amazing! Thank you for this." Kara gushed. "The night's just getting started darling." Lena replied as the door slid open and in walked a familiar face. Lucy walked in wearing black pants, a white button down shirt with a black tie and black vest. "Hello! I'm your waitress Lucy! What can I get you ladies for drinks?" She asked.

They told her their drink orders and she left again. "Did you know she worked here?" Kara asked. "No I had no idea." Lena replied. A little bit later Lucy came back handing their drinks over before taking their food orders. "I heard the desserts here are absolutely amazing!" Lena replied as she handed back the menus. "The food will be back in a few minutes." Lucy replied looking at both of them glumly before walking out.

As they waited for their food to arrive Lena bent down to grab something from her purse. "Lee?" Kara asked. "Happy birthday darling." Lena replied as she slid over the medium sized box. Kara was just about to open it when Lucy came in with their food. "Enjoy ladies!" Lucy stated as she sat the food down in front of them. "It's ok you can open it after." Lena said. They ate their food and discussed different things from classes to how much fun they were having together. One the food was gone Kara grabbed the box again and was in the process of opening it when Lucy appeared to get their dessert orders. Lena said that they'd both have the same dessert and continued watching Kara opening the gift.

Karas eyes landed on the book in the box and smiled. "Lee! Is this an adventure book?" Kara asked. Lena nodded encouraging her to keep digging. At the bottom of the box was a photograph of herself from when they were looking at Christmas trees. Kara was looking up into the sky with her tongue out catching snowflakes on her tongue. "Lee! Did you take this?" Kara asked. "Yes darling! I took it when you were distracted and well I couldn't help myself....you looked so beautiful in the snow and moonlight." Lena replied just as Lucy walked in with their desert. "Thank you Lee! Thank you for everything! I love you!" Kara gushed.

"I love you too darling." Lena replied with a smile. They ate their dessert and talked about different things before Lena handed the card to Lucy who took it along with the plates and walked away again. When Lena's card was returned they left the private room after Kara put her things in the purse. Lena wrapped her arm around Kara's back as they headed out into the evening air. "You know...I was pretty nervous about tonight." Kara admitted. "Oh? How come?" Lena asked. "Yeah...Eliza thought that you were gonna purpose tonight." Kara admitted. "Oh? Sorry to disappoint darling." Lena replied. "It's quite alright Lee. Thank you for tonight and every day we've spent together. It's been incredible." Kara admitted. "I'm glad you're enjoying everything. I love you Kara...and to be honest...I do plan on purposing...one day." Lena replied with a smile.