76

A few weeks later the day that everyone was dreading came. Today was the day everyone headed out for college. Eliza had made a large breakfast and had shed a lot of tears, and hugged everyone multiple times. "We'll call you when we get there and get settled." Alex stated. "And I'll call you immediately after my first day is over." Kara added. "Don't worry Mrs. D! I'll make sure they call!" Maggie adde. Lena looked at everyone awkwardly. When she was a freshman she had no family to see her off, so this was all new to her. "Lena! Come here! Give me a hug too! Your family now too!" Eliza stated opening her arms to the dark haired woman. Lena reciprocated the hug and fought the tears from spilling from her eyes. "I'll make sure Kara calls you one a week. I promise." Lena replied as they parted.

Eliza nodded as they got into the vehicles and drove out of the driveway. Once Eliza was alone in the big empty house she let the tears fall from her eyes. Her baby girl was heading to college with the love of her life. "They'll be back for Christmas." She said to herself as she lay back on the sofa and closed her eyes.

Lena was driving Kara's car behind Alex and Maggie down the highway. Kara was over joyed to be heading to college with her girlfriend. "I'm so excited!" Kara exclaimed. "I know darling! I know. I'm excited too! This the next chapter in our story. College together...then forever." Lena replied. Kara beamed back at her as the car rolled along the highway. In the other car Alex and Maggie were having a similar conversation. "Where do you see yourself after college?" Maggie asked. "What do you mean?" Alex replied.

"Like...do you see yourself with me? Like Kara and Lena do?" Maggie asked. "Are you saying you want to spend forever together? Get married? Have kids? The whole thing?" Alex asked. "You want kids?" Maggie asked shocked. "Yes! Why? You don't?" Alex asked sounding annoyed. "Not really." Maggie replied glumly. "Ok...well we can deal with this later once we get Kara settled." Alex stated. "Yea..." Maggie replied already knowing where this was heading as she pulled out her phone and began applying for student housing.

Several hours later they all had arrived at the townhouse and were unloading the cars together. "One last bag." Lena stated as she grabbed Kara's duffle bag and headed into the house. "Lee! This place is amazing!" Kara exclaimed happily. "Come on our rooms this way." Lena stated. The room was huge, there was a big bed in the middle of the room with a large bookshelf on one wall and two large windows on the other side of the room. There was an attached bathroom with a large tub and shower and a huge closet.

As soon as everything was unpacked they ordered food and settled down on the sofa however the atmosphere inside the townhouse has drastically changed. Alex was sitting by herself and Maggie was sitting in a chair while Kara and Lena sat together on the love seat. "Ok! Whats going on between you two?" Kara asked. "Nothing." They both replied. "Fine." Kara groaned as she curled up to Lena and ate their food.