78

Maggie was not there when they got back to the house that afternoon. Her things were gone from the house and the other bedroom. Alex was in the kitchen cooking something on the stove when they arrived. "Hey Alex...you ok?" Kara asked. "I'm ok...it just wasn't meant to be you know...how was the bookstore?" Alex asked. "It was ok. We got invited to join a sorority but declined." Lena added. "Oh...what one?" Alex asked. "We didn't take time to ask. Lena showed me where all my classes will be, most of them are near to hers and yours so we'll be able to eat lunch together in the cafeteria." Kara replied. "That's good to know. Now I can keep track of my baby sister." Alex teased.

"So? What are you cooking?" Lena asked. "Oh I'm making tacos. I figured we'd start doing more cooking this year." Alex replied. "Yea! Sounds good!" Kara exclaimed. "I like that idea." Lena added. "I've got to go get my books later." Alex stated as she stirred the season hamburger. Kara nodded and went to the living room to call Eliza and show her all the books while Lena stayed in the kitchen with Alex. "Did you see Sam there?" Alex whispered. "No. But I kept my eye out for her...just in case." Lena replied.

"Look! I got all my books and a Columbia sweatshirt and Tshirt...Lena insisted on it." Kara explained. "Very nice Kara! I'm so proud of you! However...I see you didn't use your credit card? How come?" Eliza asked. Kara swallowed as she prepared to answer. "That would be my fault Eliza! Kara wanted to use it...however I stopped her and paid for them. I thought this way she could save the card for other things like to purchase her sports jerseys and such." Lena explained. Eliza was taken back by Lena's confession. "Well thank you Lena! When does your soccer practice begin?" Eliza asked. Turning her eyes to Kara.

"Tomorrow at five. Since I've already been accepted onto the team, all those videos you posted over the years were enough for me to skip tryouts." Kara explained. "Well I look forward to hearing all about your first practice Kara. Now where is your sister? Or is she making out with Maggie?" Eliza asked. "I'm cooking mom! I'll call you later tonight." Alex shouted. "Well I'll let you all go to eat. I love you all! That includes you too Lena!" Eliza replied as the call ended.