8

Upon entering the well decorated gymnasium Kara was greeted by her teammates and friends. "Who's that?" Lacey whispered as she hugged Kara. "Lena, Alex's and Maggie's friend." Kara whispered back as they parted ways. Lena watched the encounter with a grimace on her face, it was the first thing Kara noticed when she turned to look at her. "Come on let's go sit, our table is over here." Kara said looking at her family. Lena quickly took the seat next to Kara at the fold up table so no one else could take it. "Lena, if I didn't know better, I'd say you were jealous back there." Kara whispered. "Maybe I was. She is just a friend right?" Lena asked. "Yes. And so is everyone else here." Kara replied softly.

As the banquet began Lena couldn't help but smile as Kara's coach talked highly of her and how he'd miss her when she went away to Columbia next fall. Then the awards began getting passed out. "This year's MVP in the varsity sports category is Kara Danvers and James Olsen!" The principal said over the microphone. Kara stood up from her chair and walked up to collect her award. "Thank you!" Kara said as she shook the principals hand before returning to her seat. "Congratulations little Danvers!" Maggie exclaimed happily.

"Thanks!" Kara replied turning red in the face. After the awards were handed out the dinner began and talks of the championship game erupted. "Girls game begins at nine and boys at noon! Then after we'll celebrate our seniors with a post game party at Pete's Pizzeria! Now, let's eat!" The principal exclaimed as the underclass men who volunteered to be servers that  night filled plates with spaghetti and cups with lemonade and tea.

After dinner there was some dancing going on in the background. Alex and Maggie began dancing to the dj's music. "Want to dance?" James asked as he approached Kara. "No thanks, I'm gonna dance with Lena." Kara stated pulling Lena up out of her chair and walked over to where the dancing was happening. Swaying to the music they were lost in each other's eyes as the music played on and on.

Eventually the banquet was over and Kara was glad to be going home. Her feet were sore and she wanted out of her dress. Sitting in the back seat again next to Lena with a smile on her face that wasn't going away any time soon.