Chapter 17: The Gentle Giant.

Long before Alex reincarnated, on the continent of Kuaria was a bustling kingdom by the name of Riakia. The continent of Kuaria was completely disconnected from the rest, similar to the country of Australia back in Alex's previous world. Kuaria was also comparable to Australia in size. The entirety of Kuaria was Riakia's land.

Small towns were spread out throughout the continent, with the capital city on the west coast. The capital was called Kiariar after the last name of the family that originally founded the settlement. The biggest and most popular industry in the capital was fishing, as it was the most accessible and easiest to do.

On a popular beach younger children were running around in the sand, while most of the teens and up were working either on the boats or on shore. Some of the teens were watching their younger siblings. One of the people helping was a Giant. He had a human appearance, the most notable difference was his over 4 meter stature and four grooves on his face, two on each cheek. The bottom ones were horizontal, while the top ones were diagonal.

A young man, most likely barely in his twenties, looked at the Giant and pointed towards a large crate full of fish on a boat, "Azir, get that crate to the storage." The man said, and the Giant, named Azir, nodded.

Azir effortlessly picked up the crate, which weighed over a ton, and carried it to the storage, placing it down gently.

Normally, Giants were considered a threat so big they would never be allowed to live among humans, much less work with them so closely. However, the human most dear to Azir has convinced the people years prior to give Azir a chance, and that he would take any responsibility if needed.

One of the kids that was running around the beach ran up to Azir, looked up at him and extended her arms high above her head, "Azir! Up!" She said, jumping up and down enthusiastically.

Azir chuckled, knelt down, picked up the girl with one hand and placed her on his left shoulder. The girl's upper body was just slightly bigger than Azir's head, she could just barely see the top of Azir's head.

"Well? Where to now, captain?" Azir asked, his left hand on the girl's legs and pressing them into his body so she won't fall.

"To my dad! I wanna help!" The girl yelled, pointing towards a boat on the water.

Azir looked at the girl and asked, "You sure?"

"Yeah! I'm grown already! I can help!" The girl responded.

"If you were as grown as you say, your dad would take you more often." Azir said.

"Oh please! I'm already 14 years old, dad's just scared that I'll become a better fisher than him!" The girl persisted.

"You turned 14 not even two weeks ago." Azir said.

"Useless details. And you've already seen me working, so just get me there." The girl said.

"Alright, but keep close to your father and listen to everything he says." Azir said, before walking to the shore, water just short of touching him.

The girl knew what Azir was about to do, and she clung onto him, her arms tightly wrapped around his head. Azir, seeing that the girl was prepared, jumped, or more accurately launched himself into the air. The boat was over 100 meters away from the shore, yet Azir was able to jump that distance completely. Just before they hit the boat Azir created a small platform from Xen above it, landing on the platform instead. The platform was largely transparent, with only a gentle purple hue visible suspended in the air. Then, he slowly descended the platform until they were less than 5 centimeters above it.

Azir picked the girl up and placed her on the wooden floor, while he still stood on the Xen platform. He would most likely sink the boat if he stood directly on it. After all, he was a Giant. The girl's father was watching her from the moment she came up to Azir, so he wasn't surprised to see her.