Chapter 7: The Boredom And The Immediate Cure.

"You know, I'm glad that I don't remember being an infant, it's boring." Alex said, looking around the room he was in, lying on a bed with nothing to do.

"Yeah, it's really boring. Wanna go somewhere, explore something?" Elara replied in a tone that clearly indicated boredom. They talked about it 2 minutes ago, and the excitement Alex felt learning about Souls and such wore off.

"Go where and explore what? And how do you want me to move in this body?" Alex asked, referring to his body that was not even a day old.

"I don't know what you want to explore. There are some countries, giant forests, caves and more. As for your body, we can create a clone. It's pretty simple, for me at least." Elara answered. Alex wanted to ask how she knew about these things even though she never left his side.

"You should stop looking through the memories of anyone you meet. One day you'll see something you don't want to." Alex said, remembering that she read through his father's memories earlier.

"Yeah, like when I looked through yours. You're right in saying that I never wanted to see what I saw. But that's besides the point. For now, what type of clone do you want?" Alex at first wanted to say that she should stop bringing it up, but became distracted by Elara's question.

"Different types of clones? How are they different?" Alex asked.

"Well, they differ in how they behave. The first type is the easiest to make, it's an exact replica of your physical body down to your DNA that you transfer your Soul into." Elara explained, showing a mental image in Alex's head of two bodies, one of them titled 'Original' and glowing, signaling a Soul present inside. The glowing one dims while the other one gets brighter, showing the Soul getting transferred.

"The second one is similar, but instead of transferring your Soul, you split your 'Core', create a 'Soul Casing' and 'Core Shield', and send this new Soul into another body." As Elara explained, both of the bodies started glowing, showing that the 'Core' was present inside both.

"So, do you wanna create a clone and go somewhere?" Elara asked.

"Hold on, wouldn't recreating a body and creating a new Soul be hard? How are you so casual about it? You want me to exhaust myself even trying?" Alex asked, concerned that the strain of manipulating Xen so perfectly would exhaust him.

"Don't worry, I'll be the one to create these things, so you don't have to worry." Elara answered, slowly accumulating enough Xen to create a clone and recreate the two layers of a Soul.

"But won't you strain yourself then? And I don't think that there's enough Xen in my body to create a clone with an adult body." Alex said to make sure that his only friend doesn't go unconscious because he would get bored easily.

"I would get exhausted if I had a physical body, and since I do not, I will not exhaust myself. And your body doesn't have any Xen whatsoever." Elara answered, trying to calm Alex down and just let her do her thing.

"Well, since my body has no Xen whatsoever, how do you want to create an adult body?" Alex asked, yet again interrupting Elara.

"No human has Xen in their body, they need to manipulate Xen in their surroundings." Elara answered, her tone slightly irritated.

"Still, can my body handle this much Xen?" Alex asked.

"No, it can't. But I'm not gathering Xen and clinging it onto your body, I'm sending it straight to the 'Incomplete Complex World' where there's no limit to how much Xen can be stored." Elara answered and finally created a clone, obviously outside the castle so he's not attacked by guards. Then, she created the 'Core Shield' and 'Soul Casing', split Alex's 'Core' and implanted one half into the clone. All of Alex's consciousness was in the clone's half of the 'Core', leaving the baby body behaving like an actual newborn.