Chapter 15: The Inn And The Cheater's Fair Win.

After selling all the corpses, the duo left the building and headed towards the inn. Elara transported the coins they had just obtained into the 'Incomplete Complex World'.

"So, how much money do we have?" Alex asked.

"840 silver coins." Elara answered.

"So we can stay at the inn for... two and a half months." Alex said as they passed the bar and took a left turn towards the inn.

"We'll probably be allowed to stay for about a week." Elara said.

Alex looked at Elara and asked, "Hm? Why?"

"Did you not hear what the people in the guild were talking about?" Elara asked.

Alex shook his head, "Not really."

Elara sighed, "Learn to observe the environment, then."

"Anyway, some important people will be visiting and they'll be staying in inns." Elara said.

Alex nodded his head, and they arrived at the inn in silence.

The bell rung as Elara pushed the door open, which made Kria look up from the paper stack on the counter, "Hello again." She said with a smile.

Alex and Elara walked up to the reception desk and Elara asked, "Can we get one room with two beds? We have the money now."

"One night?" Kria asked.

"How many can we stay?" Elara asked.

"5 nights is the most we can offer as of right now." Kria answered.

"Then we'll stay for 5 nights." Elara said before creating a pouch out of Xen and transporting 55 coins from the 'Incomplete Complex World' into it. Elara handed Kria the pouch and Kria immediately placed it on the shelf under the counter.

Kria turned around and took out a key from a shelf hanging on the wall, "Enjoy your stay." Kria said, handing Elara the key.

"Up the stairs and it's the last room on the left." Kria said.

"Thank you." Said Alex and Elara.

They went up the stairs and to the last room on the left side. Elara unlocked the door with the key and pushed it open. Right opposite of the door were two beds with nightstands between one another. On the wall were several paintings of the landscape outside the capital city. On the right side stood a table with two chairs and a small candle on the table. The room also had a soundproof barrier inside the walls.

Alex sat on one of the beds and looked around the room, "Feels... kinda primitive." He said, looking at Elara for her reaction.

"Just because there's no TV or PC doesn't mean it's primitive." Elara responded. She sat on the edge of the other bed, facing Alex before falling back onto the bed and staring at the ceiling.

"That's not what I meant, but whatever. I have a question but I think I already know the answer." Alex said.

"Go for it." Elara replied.

"When we left the guild and were walking in silence, it was really quiet." Alex said.

"Damn, really? Who would've thought that it would be quiet when nobody is talking." Said Elara, her tone as monotone as she could make it.

Alex ignored what she said and continued, "Normally, I hear a ringing in my ears all the time, but it was gone."

"The ringing in your case happened because the hairs in your inner ear were damaged due to exposure to loud noises of all the farm machinery and so on. But since this body is not the original and is something I made, I decided not to include the damage, which means you won't hear the ringing." Elara explained.