Chapter 41

As I gradually wake up next week, the hospital room comes into focus – an oxygen mask, an IV drip, the rhythmic beeping of machines

As I gradually wake up next week, the hospital room comes into focus – an oxygen mask, an IV drip, the rhythmic beeping of machines. My eyes settle on a worn-out Christian and Lily sleeping nearby.

I blink my eyes, gradually comprehending the reality of the hospital room. As awareness settles in, a profound realization washes over me – I've survived. I call for Christian, and relief washes over his face as he blinks back tears. Lily rushes to my side, and in their presence, the hospital room transforms into a sanctuary of support.

I remember how I became quiet and reserved, closing off from new people. The scars of that incident ran deep, and it took time to peel back the layers, allowing myself to trust again.

In those challenging times, Christian and Lily emerged as pillars of support. Their unwavering presence became a comforting force, helping me navigate the storm. Evan, with his infectious spirit, played a significant role in bringing laughter back.

The journey to recovery wasn't without its struggles. Nightmares and panic attacks were unwelcome companions, reminders of the trauma I had faced.Yet, gradually, with each sunrise, the weight lessened, and the echoes of resilience grew louder in my healing heart.

                       ††††††††††††

As I finish recounting the haunting chapters of my past, I lean into Asher for warmth and comfort.His arms tighten around me, a silent promise of love and strength, soothing the lingering scars with the warmth of our present moment.

Asher responds with a tender understanding, offering apologies for the pain and challenges I faced. I ask Asher not to apologize. Asher's comforting words echo in my ears, "You deserve all the happiness in the world. I'll make sure to give you everything you desire." His touch gently wipes away my tears

Tilting my head, I offer Asher a warm smile, and with a playful glint in my eyes, I ask him, "How about a kiss?" Asher chuckles, his eyes reflecting the affectionate spark. "Well, who am I to deny such a request?" he playfully replies.

Asher tenderly tilts my chin, and his lips meet mine in a gentle kiss. As the warmth of our connection intensifies, I can't help but smile into the kiss.A thread of curiosity weaves through me, and I gently ask, "What happened to Mason?"

His words carry a weight, and Asher reveals, "Christian, Liam, and I wanted to make him repent for whatever he had done." I nod in understanding, acknowledging the silent pursuit of justice. "He deserves to face the consequences," I respond.Asher suggests, "We should go inside and rest for the day." I smile and reply, "Sounds like a plan."

                      †††††††††††††

After two days, the room is filled with laughter as Evan and I play. The door opens, and Asher walks in. Asher playfully frowns, pointing at Evan with a hint of jealousy. Amused by Asher's playful jealousy, I burst into laughter. His frown dissolves into a smile.

With a mischievous gleam in his eyes, Asher walks toward me and starts tickling. Evan, catching onto the fun, joins in. Giggling uncontrollably, I dash from the bedroom to the living room, with Asher and Evan in hot pursuit. Seeking refuge, I hide behind Christian.

Asher, with a playful grin, requests Christian, "Move out of the way!" Christian, with a mock-serious expression, retorts, "You've got to catch her fair and square, my friend!" Caught off guard by my brother's unexpected move, I manage to utter between laughs, "Cheater!" The room is filled not only with our laughter but also with the warm gazes of our parents, enjoying the scene.

Sophia joins in, nodding with a grin, and declares, "Cheater indeed!" Christian, not one to back down, retorts, "Two can play this game!" and starts tickling Sophia instead. I catch a glimpse of Asher approaching from the corner of my eye. Quick on my feet, I playfully dart away, heading for the backyard.

Halting in my steps, I gesture for Asher to hush as we come across Lily and Liam, lost in their own world on the bench. I raise an eyebrow at Asher. Hand in hand, Asher and I approach Lily and Liam, who are lost in their own world on the bench. I clear my throat, and the couple quickly separates, sharing sheepish smiles.

With a hint of fake anger, I inquire, "What's going on here? Why wasn't I informed?" Lily and Liam exchange guilty glances. Lily, with a mischievous grin, responds, "Well, some things are better left as surprises!"

Maintaining a poker face, I feel Asher's gentle whisper, "Take it easy, love." Despite the playful act, a genuine smile plays on my lips, happy for my best friend's newfound joy. After hugging Lily, I turn to Liam with a playful glare, warning, "You better treat her right, or you'll have to deal with me!"

Liam responds with a sincere promise, "Don't worry, Addy. I'll treat her like the queen she is." His gaze on Lily reflects nothing but love, creating a heartwarming moment. I playfully fake gag at their affection, and Lily, in response, rolls her eyes.

Liam playfully remarks, "Your affection is gross," prompting a theatrical gasp.Asher retorts, "Well, this affection is what makes my life beautiful," and punctuates his words with another affectionate peck on my cheek.I playfully reply, "Exactly! It's our special kind of 'gross' and I wouldn't have it any other way."

Evan comes running towards me, his eyes sparkling, and insists, "Pick me up, Aunt Addy!" I happily oblige, lifting him into my arms. Asher playfully whines to Evan, "Hey little man, you're taking all my wife's attention and time during our vacation. Not fair!" We all share a laugh.

Evan cheekily pokes his tongue out at Asher and snuggles even more into my arms.Asher jokingly complains to Christian, "Mate, your son is stealing all my wife's attention. Can't you keep him occupied?"

I playfully reply to Asher, "Looks like I'm in high demand. Guess you'll have to share me with the little charmer." Christian chuckles and responds to Asher, "Mate, you better get used to it. Evan's got the charm, and he knows how to use it!"

With a mischievous whisper, Asher promises, "I'll have all your attention later in our room." A blush graces my cheeks.Christian playfully nudges Asher, saying, "Mate, keep it kid-friendly," while he gently holds Evan and affectionately strokes Sophia's baby bump. The friendly banter continues, creating a lighthearted atmosphere.