Chapter 27

I kneel before Addy, my heart heavy with regret

I kneel before Addy, my heart heavy with regret. I look up into her eyes, earnestly expressing, "I messed up, Blue. I'm sorry, and I'll spend the rest of my life making it up to you." Addy looks down at me with vulnerability in her eyes and asks him "What if you break my heart again?" As I look into Addy's eyes, I sincerely respond, "No, Blue. I promise, I won't break your heart again."

As Addy extends her hand, a silent understanding passes between us. I accept her gesture, allowing her to pull me up, and then she wraps her arms around me in a reassuring hug. I realized it was the first time we had shared such a heartfelt hug. In that moment, I sensed a shift, as if the connection between us deepened in the warmth of that embrace.

Cupping Addy's face and looking into her eyes, I offered a sincere apology, saying, "I trust you with my life." Addy replied, "I forgive you, Asher. Let's leave the past behind and focus on our future together."

I gently kissed Addy's forehead, feeling a sense of relief and hope for our future together. "I want to give this marriage a real chance, Blue," I said, sincerity in my voice as I looked into Addy's eyes.Addy smiled softly and replied, "I do too, Asher. Let's make it work."

I grinned, "How about a lunch date, Mrs. Carter? Any place you fancy?" Addy smiled, "Sure, how about that little Italian place we saw the other day?"
"Anything my wife wants, let's go. Lead the way, Blue."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Tonight, I'm wearing the chef's hat. Hope you're ready for a delicious dinner, Blue." I say to her. Addy replies with a wink "Can't wait to taste your culinary skills, Chef Asher. Impress me!"
"Prepare to be amazed, Mrs. Carter. Dinner will be served with a side of charm."

Sharing laughter and a meal, it's moments like these that make everything feel right. As I shared the news with Blue about the upcoming weekend at my parents' house to celebrate their anniversary, her eyes sparkled with a mix of curiosity and excitement.

A subtle frown appeared on Blue's face as I informed her about the weekend at my parents' house. "What's wrong, Blue?" I questioned, my concern evident as I observed the subtle change in her expression. "Did you apologize just for this?" Addy questioned, her eyes searching mine for sincerity.

"I apologized because I meant it," I said earnestly, hoping she could see the truth in my eyes. Addy's eyes held a mixture of vulnerability and caution as she whispered, "Don't break my trust, Asher." I softly replied, "I'll do everything in my power to keep that promise, Blue."

I gently kissed her forehead and whispered, "Let's get some rest and pack for the weekend, Blue." Addy embraced me, saying "Goodnight" Feeling Addy's embrace was like a soothing balm for my soul. In that moment, I sensed the mending of our relationship, and a warmth enveloped me, sparking a hope for a brighter future together.
**************************************

Shouting Addy's name for the third time in the past 30 minutes from the living room, I couldn't help but feel a growing sense of impatience. She had promised to be ready in five minutes, and now we're getting late. Addy walked down the stairs just then, wearing a sheepish smile as she apologized for being late.

My anger melted away as I caught sight of my wife, dressed in a knee-length white dress, looking like an angel. Addy's playful admonition reached my ears as she said, "Staring is rude, you know." Her words, laced with humor, only added to the charm of the moment.

I shoot back with a grin, "Can't help it when I'm looking at the most beautiful woman in the world." She chuckles and playfully retorts, "Smooth talker, aren't you? But I'll take the compliment."
"Time to hit the road, Blue. We've got a weekend to celebrate," I say and take the bag from her hand.

The familiar hum of the engine and the open road stretch ahead as we make our way to the farmhouse. With intertwined fingers, I gaze at Addy, sincerity in my eyes, and softly asks, "Do you trust me, Blue?" Addy looks into his eyes and whispers, "I trust you, Ash."

Chuckling, I respond to my new nickname, "Ash, huh? Sounds good, Blue. I'm embracing it." I smirk, "Someone's turning red. Should I call you 'Blush' instead of Blue?" Addy rolls her eyes, "Oh, how original, Ash. 'Blush,' really? I'm overwhelmed by your creativity."

As we speed down the road, I glance over at Addy. Her face in the rearview mirror appears paler than usual. Concerned, I gently say, "Blue, you alright? If the speed's bothering you, just let me know."

Addy glances at me with a forced smile and says, "No worries, Ash. I'm just not used to the speed, but I'll manage." I sense there's more behind that smile, but I decide to focus on the road for now.

I spot Christian waiting in the farmhouse parking area, giving him a nod as I park the car.

I sigh silently, realizing my hopes for privacy with my wife are dashed as I spot Christian. Looks like there's no escaping the awaiting crowd inside.