Chapter 16

Y/n POV

A day had passed when Raven and I talked. She came back a couple of hours later and accepted my offer which gave us the upper hand with retrieving the relic. I was strolling through downtown Mistral trying to clear my head. I held Yamato tightly due to some random kids constantly trying to steal it whenever we cross paths with them. While walking I bump into a girl by mistake.

Y/n: I'm sorry. I was just deep in thought.

The girl looks at me and we both instantly recognize each other.

Y/n: Emerald.

Emerald: Y/n.

Y/n: What do you think you're doing here?

Emerald: Can't a Haven student be in her home city-

Y/n: It was all forged and lies. I know because I was told by Qrow. And since you're here I assume Mercury and Cinder aren't far.

Cinder: How smart.

I turn around and see Mercury and Cinder walking out from a dark alleyway.

Mercury: Not as dumb as you look.

Y/n: Speak when spoken to, boy. Cinder, what is your goal here?

Cinder: Isn't it obvious? We are collecting the relic before we seize the relic within Atlas. That Angelo knight scouted the layout before reporting to Salem.

Y/n: Scouted?

I begin chuckling which confused the three of them greatly and made Emerald slightly creeped out.

Y/n: It seems Salem doesn't trust you anymore. Only sees you as a pawn. The Angelo attacked Atlas and took the relic.

They three of them look at me in anger and disbelief at what I had told them. Cinder looked the most angry at the fact and I could tell by her hand smoking.

Y/n: If she hadn't told you, then she has no use for you any longer.

Emerald: This would explain why she wanted to speak with Angelo and Vergil alone.

Y/n: Believe me, once you all retrieve the final relic you will be killed. I suggest joining us in stopping her before it's all too late.

I turn to walk away but I feel someone's hand on my shoulder. I turn and see Mercury with his hand on my shoulder while Cinder and Emerald look at me.

Cinder: If what you say is true, then we will join you.

Mercury: Never really liked her anyway.

Emerald: I just hope you're right about this.

I smile and begin walking with the three of them following behind me until we reach the house. I tell them to stay outside until I tell them to enter. I enter the house and call everyone to the living room and within a few seconds everyone had arrived.

Jaune: There a reason you called us here or you just trying to waste our time?

Y/n: I have a reason. I have recruited three new allies to our cause, although I do not believe you all will be very welcoming.

Ruby: Whoever they are we'll greet them with open arms!

I sigh and tell the three to enter and when they did everyone was silent and the mood quickly changed. Emerald held her arms nervously as did Cinder while Mercury had his hands behind his back.

Dante: Well, this was unexpected.

Qrow: I think I had too much to drink.

Ruby: Are you out of your mind, Y/n?!

Y/n: I know you all may be angry-

Nora: They helped destroy Beacon!

Cinder: We realize we made a horrible mistake. Salem only needs one relic left before everything is in danger.

Emerald: We only just learned we were tools for her, we were played.

Mercury: Look, we know you all hate us but we have a common enemy now.

Nora: Cinder shot Pyrrha in the ankle!

Y/n: If Salem has Force Edge, ankles will be the least of our worries! We have to work together or we lose everything!

Out of pure anger, Jaune takes out his sword and rushes at me but just as he went to strike his sword stopped not even an inch away from my face. The blade was covered in a black aura and everyone looked at Pyrrha who had activated her semblance. She threw Jaunes sword to the floor which made tensions rise. Raven takes out her katana and runs at Cinder but I take out Yamato and quickly block her strike before tripping her up causing her to fall to the floor. Ruby took out her scythe and went to attack Cinder but she used her left arm to catch her scythe but her arm turned out to be cybernetic. She pushes Ruby back to where she was while everyone looks at them.

Jaune: Why the fuck should we trust these bastards? After what they've done?

Oscar: *Ozpin* People change, Mr. Arc, but... I don't know how we can trust the three of them.

Cinder: Maybe the information we have may change your mind?

Everyone was intrigued but mainly, Raven, Qrow, Dante and I.

Raven: Go on.

Cinder: Salem is planning to attack in a few days. She had Professor Lionheart in her grasp and he helped us bullshit our way into the academy. Doctor Watts has been here for the past couple of weeks staging an attack.

Qrow: Leo... that traitor.

Mercury: She also wanted us to find Raven and try force her to join us. Seems like we would've been to late anyway. Listen, Salem is planning to attack the place, all I heard was it would be a demon stronger than the armies of Atlas.

Y/n: Demon?

Dante: Y/n, Nero and I's specialty.

Cinder: This... isn't like anything you've ever faced before.

Dante: Have you seen the thing?

Cinder: No but-

Dante: Then how do you know how dangerous it is? Remember, I'm the son of Sparda who rivaled the fucking gods. I'm sure they'll be a cake walk.

Emerald: But the demon requested only to fight one person... Y/n.

Everyone looks at me and that's when I know who this demon truly is. Someone far stronger than just the armies of Atlas or the kingdoms combined.

Y/n: Vergil.