49 Gathering

Part 49 Gathering

"Has not she changed yet...? What does she want? Has she not been satisfied even after killing her own sister? Is not it enough for her?" Rahim yelled like a madman forgetting himself.

I got stuck even though I expected something like that. I was right in guessing my enemy. I brought a shocked expression to my face and said,

"What are you saying? Is that true? Has Mithra killed Khushi's mother? But how? How could she do that when there were a lot of people in the palace? Why didn't anyone get doubt on her?"

"That was her talent. She was so nice when she came to the palace. She served for her sister like a slave. That showed her as a saint in others' eyes. Even I trusted her because her acting was so real. Slowly, the snake started spitting out the poison. She brought a few men from her village to the palace and recommended them for jobs. Bade Sab readily agreed because he thought they would also be polite and loyal like Mithra. Of course, they were polite and loyal ONLY to her..."

"Were they the ones who killed Khushi's mother?"

"No... it was she who killed Garima Maji... the men helped her to hide it from the world's eyes"

"But, Khushi said, her mother died of shortness of breath..."

"She was not wrong... she died of shortness of breath only but it was caused by Mithra"

"What do you mean?"

"Garima Maji was an asthma patient. She always struggled in the winter season. Not only that, she could not stand SMOKE."

I nodded yes as it was a common issue to an asthma patient.

"That day, there was no one at home, I mean, Bade Sahib, Khushi baby and Chotte Sahib. She sent all the servants to the other side of the palace assigning some work, including me. Garima Maji was already struggling to breathe due to winter. Adding to it, Mithra lit a mosquito coil under Garima Maji's bed. Garima Maji tried to take her puffer to get her breath balanced but Mithra snatched it from her. Garima Maji fell on the bed taking her last breath. At the same time, I entered her room to finish the assigned work and saw Mithra smirking at Garima Maji shaking the puffer in front of her. I understood what would have happened" Rahim cried with anger.

"Didn't you do anything?"

"How would I leave her without doing anything? I tangled her neck and hit her like hell. That was when her men saved her from me, hit me badly, and threatened me. They warned me not to tell the truth to anyone if I said that to anyone, they said, they would destroy my family...! I still wanted to warn Shashi Sab but they got my family under their control and asked me to leave the palace after attending Garima Maji's funeral because they didn't want Shashi Sab to get suspected"

"After that only did you leave the palace?"

Rahim nodded yes.

"Didn't you visit the palace after that?"

"I didn't visit the palace not because I'm afraid of them. I could not see her ruling the palace that belongs to Garima Maji..."

"What about Chandra Boss?"

"He was the loyal accountant and friend of Shashi Sab. She accused him falsely and made Shashi Sab believe it. He kicked Bose out of the palace"

"How did Shashi uncle believe her over Mr. Boss?"

"She could do anything... she is not only a witch but also a B****. She can seduce anyone"

"Did she seduce Shashi Uncle?"