21 What Plan?

Part 21 What Plan? (Long update)

I was driving my car towards Indira Nagar with a clouded mind. Rohan's assumption about Khushi's future plan disturbed me like hell. I felt a tug in my heart. I didn't think I could let her go. Not that, I didn't want her to go. I would have sent her if she had told me about her passion. But, she had no reason to share her passion with me. In which hope she would tell me about it? What did I do to get her TRUST? Nothing. I could not even defy my father when he shouted at me for making her cook for me. Then how did she think of getting my help?

My phone beeped with a message tone. Rohan sent me Preeto's address. Without wasting time, I geared my car up towards Preeto's house. I didn't want to delay in this matter.

I rang the calling bell of the home and waited. A girl opened the door. Her facial expression changed. She gulped down seeing me. I understood she knew who I was.

"Preeto?" I asked in a mild tone because I didn't want to make her panic.

She nodded yes with qualms.

"I'm Arnav Singh Raizada... Khushi's husband"

"Jee, I know" she stammered.

"Shall I come inside?"

Preeto gave me a space to enter. I took a seat not waiting for her to ask me to sit. She came and stood, looking at me fearfully. I gestured for her to sit. She sat in front of me hesitatingly. She was looking at me to know why I was there. Somewhat she should have understood I got to know Khushi's regular visit to her house.

"Did Khushi come here today too?" I asked.

She said gulping down.

"Actually, Khushi came to meet me..."

"Let me clear one thing, Preeto. I'm not here to blame you for anything. I'm here for Khushi. I want to make her happy but she doesn't like to open up with me because she doesn't trust me. She was not wrong though. I don't know how to make her trust me. To do that, I want to know about her. I knew nothing about her. She is a riddle to me. I don't know what was there in her life. I knew you knew everything about her more than her brother Akash knows. I would like to give her the life she wants. Please help us. I need your help." I requested her and saw relief in her face.

"I didn't help Khushi for my benefit... being her friend, I just am fulfilling her wishes"

Cutting her,

"What kind of wishes?" I asked softly.

"Actually, you won't believe it if I talk about her passion"

"I will try to believe it. Tell me,"

"Cooking is her passion. She would be happier when she cooks. It gives her an extreme level of happiness"

"What stops her from cooking? If she likes it, she can do it"

"Being a Princess, she could not do it simply. In fact, she was not allowed to do whatever she wished for"

"I didn't get you. Who stops her?"

"Mrs. Mithra Gupta... Her stepmother..."

"But why?"

"Khushi doesn't accept her... she doesn't call her Mom, just like Akash Bhai does. So, she hates Khushi"

"So?"

"So, she snatches every happiness from Khushi. Taking her Princess Title in her favour, she didn't let Khushi do anything as per her wish. She wanted to make Khushi cry. She tried to make Khushi cry but Khushi took an oath not to cry for ANYTHING. She is still maintaining it. She never cries for anything"