47 The Call

Part 47 The call

I wanted to know whether Khushi would tell me about the phone call. If she didn't, the matter was serious. I kept my phone back in the same place. I saw Khushi coming out of the washroom. I smiled at her and she too did but artificially.

"Khushi, let's have dinner first. I want to tell you about something important"

"What's that?"

"I will tell you after dinner,"

"About what?"

"About our schedule... didn't I say, I scheduled our programs for the upcoming three months?"

She smiled, of course artificially.

"Let's go..."

Clutching her hand, I walked downstairs.

There were a lot of choices on the table. I noticed Khushi had dinner with some deep thought. Her concentration was not on food. I leaned towards her and said,

"Khushi, have slightly... if you eat heavy, you will not be comfortable tonight,"

I again got the same artificial smile from her. I too was not interested in eating. How could I eat when my wife was out of the mood?

We came back to our room. Khushi went to bed and lay which surprised me more. I touched her forehead. She looked at me jerking.

"What happened to you?" I asked with concern.

"No...thing..."

I nodded no.

"I'm alright Arnav"

"Khushi, you are talking to ARNAV... don't forget that"

She sat on the bed and gulped down hard. Taking the TV remote, I switched the TV ON and Alan appeared on the screen. It was Khushi's favorite program and she forgot it. I looked at her calmly.

"I... just..." she stammered.

"Who called me, Khushi?" I asked, raising my phone.

Khushi was stuck. She looked at my phone and then at me.

"You attended it, right?"

She gulped down.

"Who's call is this?"

"Don't you know..."

I shrank my eyes and nodded NO.

"You could dial the number and get to know whose call it was" she said.

"I did... the phone was switched off and the name was not displaying in the TRUE CALLER too"

"Why did you give heed to this number?" She asked me.

"Because I saw a sudden change in my wife's expression when I was out of the washroom. In between the short time, my wife attended a call that came to me... How could I take it easy?"

Khushi looked at me wondering.

"Don't look at me like that Khushi. I can read you. There is nothing to be wondered. Tell me what changed your mood all of a sudden?"

Khushi was silent.

I lifted her chin,

"I asked you something, Khushi..."

"It was a wrong call"

"WRONG for whom?"

Khushi didn't reply.

"Khushi, understand our situation. We are in a critical position. We could be attacked from any direction and any way...! Don't become weak and give a chance to those who are waiting to HIT us in our WEAKNESS"