27 Unexpected

Part 27 Unexpected

Khushi turned on the TV and I opened the door. Dolly was standing with two more servants with two trolleys. I gave them space to enter. They brought the trolleys in and were supposed to serve them, but I stopped.

"You may go..." I said.

They spared a glance and left the place. At the same time, the program started. Khushi was supposed to serve me, but I stopped her and loaded the plates. I passed one to Khushi. She took it from me smiling.

Alan appeared on the screen.

"I didn't expect he would be so simple," I said, sitting on the couch with my plate.

"I too didn't expect it he would be so sweet. The program organizers showed him as an arrogant man to rise the TRP..." She said disappointedly.

"Just like Abhimanyu asked you to tease him" I chuckled.

"Yes, they are too much," she said seriously.

We had dinner talking about Alan. I noticed Khushi TALKED to me more than she WATCHED the program. Of course, she talked about Alan and about his program. So what? Did not it mean a lot to me? She didn't touch the culinary course topic but only about Alan. The servants took the trolleys back after we finished eating. I again locked the door.

Khushi took Alan's card from her bag and saved his number on her mobile.

"I can't believe my mobile has Alan's number," she said excitedly, looking at her phone.

I saw her Adhar card in her bag. Removing it, I gave it a look. I had a photographic memory. I scanned her card through my eyes and kept it back.

"Arnav..."

"Mm?"

"I have a friend... Preeto"

"Oh..."

"I would like to meet her," she said hesitatingly.

"If you want to meet her, meet her..."

"Shall I go tomorrow?"

I smiled as she asked MY permission.

"Do you want me to drop you?"

"No... I will drive"

"Which PALACE does she reside in?" I asked intentionally.

Khushi looked at me getting me.

"Your friend would also be a Royal... right?"

"No... she is a commoner"

"Just like me?"

Khushi pressed her lips.

"That's nice"

"I will meet her at Hotel Taj"

She would halt her car at Hotel Taj and would go to Indira Nagar to meet Preeto as usual. But would go to Preeto's house directly...! Maybe, she didn't want to drag people's attention by the Mini Cooper. I supposed.

"Ok... call me if you need anything"

"Sure" She smiled and stood up with her bag hesitating.

I knew why. That was the time to go to HER room. I looked at her and she smiled. I was sure she would have stayed with me in the MAIN room IF I had asked her. But, how could I tell her to SLEEP WITH ME? Even though it was about JUST sleep it was too early to say so. I didn't want any awkward aspects between us. So, I stayed quiet.

"Good night..." She said.

"Good night" I smiled.

She walked to her room slowly, unusually. She looked at me before entering her room. I smiled and she reciprocated. She entered her room and closed the door. I smiled.