11 Willpower

Part 11 Willpower

I left the mini palace all the way thinking about myself, Khushi, and my changed lifestyle.

Before my marriage, I was so demanding towards my mother. She always cooked what I liked. In fact, I liked everything. I ate all the food relishing it. But after my marriage, I was forced to eat fruits and vegetables. Neither I was a rabbit to eat vegetables and fruits nor was I a snake to eat eggs every day. Damn it. I didn't know how I was going to cope with this.

I knew Khushi didn't like the separate room concept. Yet, she preferred to be separated. Why? Of course, she talked to me when I talked to her but she answered my questions in one word. She showed herself normally in front of the servant. I was clear, she was not ready to give our relationship a chance. But, I believed she might change in the future. Because I too was reluctant at first. As time passed, everything would change. I changed myself and adopted a new life. I had no choice. I had to take this relationship forward in which I was already IN. What else could I do? Divorce? Never... It was not in my mind. I was Arnav Singh Raizada... I won't give up, ever...! I would win, at any cause.

I reached AR. Aman looked at me perplexed even though he knew my interest in the wedding. I smiled at him coolly and headed to my cabin. Aman followed me.

"What happened, Buddy? Is everything all right?"

"Of course, all right... Why are you raising such a question?" I took my seat.

"You came to the office. That's why"

"Coming to the office is my regular work"

"But it's not been three days since you got married"

"So what?"

"Is it tough to adapt to the change?"

"I will adopt it"

"So, you have not done it"

"Do you think becoming a KING is a simple thing?" I chucked.

"Why can't you have a talk with your wife and get her back to RM?" Aman suggested to me.

I was stuck for a while.

"What did you say?"

"Being at husband's place is common for girls..."

"We think women could leave their family, parents, and siblings easily and could immigrate to a new place. We expect they should adopt the new family as theirs and should adjust. Do you think it's easy?"

"It's common..."

"Just because giving birth is common for women, could you say it's a simple thing?"

Aman pressed his lips tight.

"Have we ever thought how strong women are... Their willpower is damn awesome. We men flaunt a lot about our strength but when it comes to emotional bonding, we are so naive. How weak men are...! I'm living with my wife alone and I'm honestly suffocating to adapt to the change. But girls are not only facing a new phase with their husbands but also their family, their customs, their relatives, etc., etc., How wonderful they are...! Men can't match their willpower, Aman. We should agree"

"Agree" Aman chuckled.

"Are not men flaunting how courageous we are? I bet men could not settle down in their in-law's place leaving their families. Yet, we expect women should do it for us without complaining."

Aman nodded yes thoughtfully.

"Just think, how Khushi would have struggled if she is in RM? There are ten-plus members in our family. Everyone would expect her to be adjustable towards them... Including me..."