46

Kanzari woke up at about 3AM the next day. She cried so much her eyes got extremely tired and red, she fell asleep early.

Her head hurt, and so did her heart. She got herself up and was quite hungry, and made some cup noodles. At this point, she knew she would not be able to sleep. It would be boring of her to stay at home, and she's the type who can't keep still, so she went outside. She was still wearing her date clothes with Masahiro and smeared makeup, but she thought no one would be awake.

When she walked outside, she saw him. Ran was just bumping a ball in the air to himself. He seemed sleep deprived, as if he hadn't slept at all tonight.

He noticed her, watching him at her door. Their eyes made contact, and even if they were mad at each other, they couldn't resist rallying with each other.

Kanzari scoffed before walking in front of him.

He spiked the ball pretty soft. Kanzari received it and he set for Kanzari. She hit hard, she was mad with herself and decided it would be good to take it out on the volleyball instead of doing something about it.

Ran received it like he always did, as Kanzari bumped it back to him. He spiked it even harder. He misunderstood Kanzari, as he thought that she was trying to show him that she's still mad. It hurt him, and he also decided to take it out on the volleyball.

They kept going at it, getting stronger and stronger. They were both becoming monsters, spiking like they were in a real match

 Kanzari couldn't receive Ran's strongest, and she fell to the floor.

She glared up at him "Are you trying to fucking kill me?". She knew she was wrong in the argument, but the words came out of her like word vomit. "Make up your mind. Be overprotective or try to kill me".

"You fucking started- Nevermind, you are so fucking stubborn" Ran walked up to her on the floor and leaned in to her. "Don't be like how you were to me before Kanzari. You're better than that".

Kanzari didn't know what came across her. She was in love with Ran. But somehow, her hand flew across his face and slapped him hard. Her ego and pride was flooding her body and she did the opposite of what Ran told her to do.

He looked at her in shock, and stopped leaning towards her face as he held his face. He was hurt, not physically, but in his mind. The girl he would do anything for just slapped him across the face. 

Ran scoffed and walked back inside, furious with himself. He couldn't blame Kanzari, but he was so mad with himself even though he knew most of it was Kanzari's fault. She hates him now, at least he thought, and that made him pissed. He cried all his tears out already, and there was nothing left. 

Kanzari was left sitting there, staring at her hand. What has she done? He hates her now, at least she thought. She couldn't cry either, all of it gone. She stumbled in her house and in the shower.

They both sit in their own showers, hurting, thinking that the other hates them, and it makes them feel horrible.

In a few days after that, they still did not talk at all. The second semester of school finally started and everyone was fixing their sleep schedules. Kanzari and Ran did not talk at all, despite being together like everywhere. Even during volleyball practice, where they would be partners they didn't talk.

The whole friend group sensed something was going on in between them for them to ignore each other. They were asking the two of them when hanging out, since they have been having amazing romance and friendship since however long.

The thing is, they both hated ignoring the other person and it hurt. They had really high prides and wouldn't apologize to the other first, and it was starting to get unbearable. They didn't want the other person to hate them, but they didn't want to make themselves look pitiful by apologizing first.

It was serious ignoring, they wouldn't even look at each other. At this point, their friends were starting to get pissed because meetings would be awkward. They refused to even look at each other.

To be honest though, Kanzari knew that she should be the one apologizing and the burden kept increasing and increasing. Ran thought that he should apologize, since he blamed everything on himself, and it got harder to handle.

The friend group were supposed to meet on the weekends, but for some reason, a storm came on Tohuzama. It was raining hard, to the point that the streets started flooding. Everyone just stayed at their houses, stranded and not knowing what to do. 

Occasionally, Ran and Kanzari would look through the other's windows to check up on them. Seeing each other made them want to go running back to them and apologize, but they bit their tongues and kept it to themselves.

It was getting harder and harder to handle, their love for each other messing up with their brains, until they couldn't handle it anymore.