3

Coach Keibs and Coach Anelo looked at each other "Okay, but next time we won't tolerate you being late. Go ahead and join this team since one of their players got injured." They said pointing at Akino who was still on the floor. "What position do you play?"

"I play outside hitter!" Ran said, still smiling. He faced everyone else in the tryouts "Hello, I am so sorry to randomly barge in like this" He said bowing.. and everyone looked at each other and bowed at him. 

The coaches got Ran settled in with his team and he left a pretty good impression on all of them, but they didn't know how well he played.

"Let us continue the game that we were playing. We will be watching your skills Ran, you are not guaranteed a spot here" Coach Keibs said and Ran nodded. 

The team that they were playing against lost by a land slide, and it shocked Kanzari because they had good players. Kanzari's team however beat the opponents by a close match, 23-25.

'Of course we won, no height or gender could beat me' were the thoughts that ran through Kanzari's head whenever she wins a match, and it was no different this time.

Finally the last match of the day was going to happen, and after the final teams for both gender. It was Sachi and Ran against Kanzari's team. 

Kanzari was interested in Ran's abilities, since Jumiya had a really strong team and Ran was able to beat them as soon as he joined. She thought it would be fun to ruin his fun and ego by beating the shit out of him.

The game started with the Sachi's team setter serving which our libero received perfectly to the setter who set it up perfectly for Kanzari to hit. There were 3 blockers on her and she managed to pull off an insane line shot with extreme power on the line, and she was sure it was smashed onto the floor, until she saw Ran positioning behind the ball and receiving it perfectly to the setter. 

The setter then set it up for Ran who recovered immediately, with two blockers on him. He pulled off an amazing cross shot aiming for Kanzari. She put her hands out ready to receive but once the ball made impact with her arms, it flew the opposite direction from where she was aiming.

Everyone was shocked and silent except for Ran who was smiling and celebrating "Nice set Dariyo!". Kanzari was shocked, staring at her hands. Coach Keibs, who was the referee for the game was also shocked until he announced the point was to Ran's team. 

The game continued and every single time, Kanzari could not receive Ran's spikes succesfully, and Kanzari's spikes were always received and were always converted into clean attacks, because of Ran. Obviously, Ran's team won by 18-25, and at the end of the match, Kanzari was fuming.

'I wasn't at my best today. How did he even beat me? A clueless random like him? I could beat him in my sleep. Today wasn't good. I will beat him next time' were the thoughts that were running through her head as she clenched her first walking to her water bottle with her friends. Kanzari was fuming and it was obvious on her facial expression.

"Oi Kanzari! I heard you got humbled by that new kid!" Asira said laughing with the other two. "He's handsome, tall, good at volleyball! He's so perfect" She was giggling with Sachi and Jumiya.