31

Thursday was a really normal day. Nothing major happened. Kanzari was completely back to her normal play style, but she was still demolishing every other school. Both genders of Tohuzama had been undefeated, because of their two first year outside hitter aces. They were both monsters on the court, the closest anyone has gotten to beating them was on Monday, but everyone started to lose their hope.

Kanzari was tired though, she over exerted herself on Wednesday. This continued till Friday, where the final matches were held. Tohuzama still came out undefeated. Everyone was tired, but Tohuzama decided to throw a party to celebrate. They threw it in the backyard, since every houses backyards were connected.

It started at 9PM, and everyone was having fun. Kanzari and the other juniors were sitting at the benches, drinking some root beer and some BBQ sticks. 

"Why don't we play a fun little game of spin the bottle! Just like the sleepover! Let's see how much people's opinion changed!" Yuji told everyone, and they all agreed. The music was quite loud, but they played pretty good songs that weren't basic pop. The juniors were vibing and having fun, when Yuji spun the bottle.

It landed on Sachi, who had her arm wrapped around Yuki's arm. She picked dare.

"Don't touch Yuki for the whole party!" Kanzari yelled, and everyone laughed and agreed. Sachi glared at Kanzari, but sighed in defeat and let go of him.

As they played, more and more seniors started to join them. Sarina even sat next to Yuji, who suddenly became more quiet and reserved. Everyone was having fun, until once, the bottle landed on Kento, who picked dare.

"Date her, Jumiya. You're doing couple things but aren't dating" A second year dared him, and he sighed.

"In front of everyone? Are you... okay fine" he turned to his side, and formally asked Jumiya to be his girlfriend. She said yes. Kento kissed her, in front of everyone. Funny thing is, Jumiya was right beside Kanzari, and was getting pushed by Kento in to Kanzari. Kanzari was laughing at them, while everyone else was cheering. Kento spun, and it landed on Kanzari.

"Kanzari... since the rumors are flying. Do you like Ran?" Kento asked Kanzari, and Jumiya jokingly said yes.

"I've probably had to answer this question like 100 times this whole week. No, I don't. And I never will. He's just a friend, an annoying one." Kanzari told the truth, she wasn't lying to herself, and she was kind of pissed about everyone forcing her to like Ran, because she was sure she didn't.

Kanzari got tired, since it was about 11PM. They ran out of water outside, so she went back inside her house. Her social battery was also getting drained, so she stayed inside. She was gulping down a bottle of water, until the door was opened. It was Ran, and he turned on some lights.

"Are you planning to film a horror movie or something? It's so dark" he joked, before getting his own bottle of water and sitting down next to Kanzari on the couch.

"I'm tired, Ran" Kanzari told him honestly, and he nodded.

"Me too... uhm Kanzari?" he was planning to finally ask her what's wrong, before he got interrupted.

"Ran. I'm sorry if I was a big bitch to you this whole weekend. I wasn't feeling it this week" Kanzari sighed. Ran smiled at her.

"It's okay, I figured you weren't yourself. Congratulations, by the way, I heard you were really good!" Ran tried to start a conversation. He missed just talking with Kanzari before the week started.

"Thank you... I don't know either to be honest. You too, Ran, congratulations" Kanzari smiled at him. She didn't know what else to say, so she figured she'd listen "tell me about your week, how was it for you?".

"It was quite fun for me! Remember Masahiro, the guy who liked you? He thought that I liked you, and he backed off. I didn't know why, since I was encouraging him but oh well" Ran laughed, and Kanzari nodded her head.

"Sakuyin too! She thought I liked you... it's kinda concerning" Kanzari agreed with Ran.

"Yea... I don't think people understand the concept of being friends and nice with people from the other gender. I mean... I've known you for 2 months, which is enough time for us to get close. People like to romanticize everything..." Ran sighed, and Kanzari nodded. She was getting really sleepy, but she liked talking to Ran, so she kept listening to his stories. 

Soon enough, she just fell asleep. Her body gave out to all the work she was putting in to the week. Her head gently landed on Ran's lap, which took him by surprise since he was too caught up in what he was saying. He was shocked and didn't know what to do, but decided to sit there for a while. He pat her head, gently moving the hairs out of her face. He was humming while patting her head gently, when the door opened. It was Jumiya and Kento, who were busy making out. They stopped, shocked when they saw Ran and Kanzari, and the two giggled.

"What's happening?" Kento asked Ran, as they sat down a distance away from them on the couch.

"She fell asleep, her body gave out. She overworked herself this week, she deserves to sleep peacefully" Ran smiled, while still patting her head.

"This is something I didn't think I'd see today... well was this like on purpose or?" Jumiya asked Ran.

"She just passed out, I was telling her a story but she passed out. It's okay, I don't mind, I'd rather she passed out on my lap then on the grass floor outside" Ran explained, which led to Jumiya and Kento shrugging.

"Do you like her?" Kento asked him, whispering.

"No, and I'm serious. I just care a lot for her, she's kinda helpless and was used to failing on her own. Might as well help her" Ran smiled, as the two shrugged again.

"Well, Mr. Takahashi, will you please take care of Madam Sona for me please?" Jumiya joked, as she stood up with Kento. Ran nodded, and the two giggled up the stairs while holding hands.

Ran sighed, and continued to make sure Kanzari was as comfortable as possible. After a few minutes, he wanted to sleep as well. But he couldn't leave Kanzari here, so he carefully put her in his arms and picked her up. He tried to be as quiet as he could, walking up the stairs while carrying her. He struggled to open the door to her room, but saw that Jumiya and Kento were cuddling there. They were shocked at Ran, as he quickly closed the door and went to his room instead. He placed Kanzari down in his own bed, and tucked her in. He quickly got himself a blanket and a pillow, and he hugged his knees on the chair beside his bed, and ended up falling asleep there.

Yuji walked inside to see this, and god damn he was shocked. He slept in Yuki's room, where Asira was since apparently Sachi and Yuki were in Asira's room. The sleeping arrangements were completely fucked, but it all worked out in the end. Everyone mostly slept at about 5AM, and were sleeping in.