Chapter 17 - Mister Doctor?

- (Y/n)'s POV -

You quickly jumped up and ran to the now concrete wall in front of you.

"Mordo!" 

You yelled as you started throwing small spells in front of you. 

"Wong!"

Stephen had now stood and was next to you. You had been blasted into the New York Sanctum if remembered correctly. The room you were previously in had been attacked, sealing you now behind a wall of rubble.

"Well shit," You turned to Strange, "Are you alright?" You asked, now facing him, quickly glancing over him for anything obviously hurt.

"No, no. I'm alright." He placed a hand on your temple, removing it to show you were slightly bleeding. "Where are we?" he then asked.

"Want to take a guess?" you replied as you made your way through the halls of this desolate building.

It was just as you had remembered. You used to visit this place every year when you were younger. But after a while, The Ancient One agreed it was best for you to stay in Kamar-Taj to pick up your training. So it's been a while since your presence graced these halls.

Strange saw the expression on your face. One of uncertainty, and slight panic.

"Everything ok?" He asked as you turned to face him. You stopped in your tracks, hands now on your hips.

"No, Strange. We've just been attacked. Everything is not ok. The London Sanctum has fallen." You said, slightly irritated, but you sighed as you began to walk again, "And you're still wearing that damn necklace."

Stephen had forgotten he had it on.

He rushed to catch up to you as you made your way to the Relic Room.

This room used to calm you as a child, thinking about all the adventures each object had been on in its past life. So instinctively you found your way to it. Like a ship to a lighthouse. It just felt safe.

"What is this place?" He asked, intrigued by all the artifacts you walked past, encased in their own little displays.

"The Relic Room." You said as you made your way past a purple gemstone that hung off a series of gold chains. It only caught your's and Stephen's eye because it lit up when you got close. The small purple stone had a rune carved into it, but not one either of you had seen before. The glow started to pulse as you instinctively put your hand up to the glass that separated you from it.

Knock

Your attention turned to a red cloak that was now moving in its case, eager to be released.

You started to giggle, "Looks like it wants to play."

Stephen smiled, yet still confused by the relic that stood in front of him. He shook his head and turned to you before he spoke,

"(Y/n)," He started, reaching for your hand and holding it within his, "I promise you, I wasn't trying to do any-"

"I know. I know, Stephen." You sighed as you returned the gentle squeeze he gave your hand. You both shared a knowing look before you ventured further into the Sanctum.

"So are you actually going to tell me where we are?" He asked, still holding onto your hand while you walked.

"Well, you never guessed," You stated, before rolling your eyes at his expression. A very cute expression one might add. "We're in the New York Sanctum."

"New York?"

"Do you purposefully not listen to what I say or do you prefer hearing it again?"

"I could listen to you all day." He flirted, taking your hand up to his lips as he planted a small kiss on your knuckles.