Chapter 15

Narrator POV:

This is what you call a road?! Bee quietly hissed from under the bush she and the silver dragonet Jerry were hiding in.

Jerry had led them to the closest edge of the park about three miles away from the waterfall. They followed the side of the huge wall. Getting there took them a lot longer than it should have with Bee trying to glide most of the way to avoid the pain getting any worse. It didn't help much, but she wasn't about to show that to Jerry. She still had dragonets that needed her help.

She was heavily panting by the time they got there. The road Jerry had talked about was easily as wide as the length of two school buses. It looked more like a runway than a road, one end leading to the kymari city, the other going to huge double doors in the wall.

 It looked more like a runway than a road, one end leading to the kymari city, the other going to huge double doors in the wall

When you mentioned a road, I thought you meant like a well-used pathway or something. Bee muttered.

She only made it this far because of the trees she could constantly latch onto to catch her breath. She was also a little cranky from her wounds hurting, especially the big one on her side that she had underestimated, and she had started feeling dizzy.

What you think is not under my control. Jerry commented before he looked at Bee with narrow eyes in suspicion. You sure you can do this?

Bee turned to inspect the sight in front of her. Both sides of the road had a clearing of grass with trees right behind it. Unlike the park filled with trees and plants on the side that the two dragonets were on, the other side had an orchard of trees. Trees that were all bearing exactly what they came here for, the mang-nuts.

Mang-nuts were tricky little things. They looked like mangoes on the outside, but it was a dried woody exterior and when you peeled it off, it was like a regular peeled coconut. Inside of it, however, after the white edible part was an orangey yellow mango-like substance that had a little pocket of tiny seeds inside of it.

 Inside of it, however, after the white edible part was an orangey yellow mango-like substance that had a little pocket of tiny seeds inside of it

They need these, right? Bee nodded towards the orchard.

Yeah, Jerry sighed, looking in the same direction, the fibers of the outer layer are very good at stopping the blood flow if pressed directly on the wound and the seeds have a high concentration of a numbing agent that even the kymari use in their medicine. Though they need about a handful of the seeds to feel the effect, just a seed or two is enough for a single dragonet.