Chapter 1

Narrator POV:

Once upon a time, far, far away was a sweet story full of love and adventure starting to blossom between two strangers bound by fate. Meanwhile, our main character was stuck in a mean, mean world she was about to be severely disappointed in.

The first memory she had was about waking up somewhere stuffy and humid, but she couldn't open her eyes. She could barely move and before she could really concentrate on anything, she passed out again.

The second time she came to she immediately knew that something was wrong.

Wherever she was, it was so small she could hardly breathe, not to mention all her limbs were pressed to her body so tightly  that she had doubts about where they were or weren't connected at. And the thick air she was trying to breathe in smelled horrible, almost like rotting meat. Her nose twitched at the nauseating stench and she was surprised to feel it moving against a slimy surface.

She had to get out. Otherwise, she would throw up soon and there wasn't exactly much room for that.

She tried to push her hands away from her chest, finding that hard to do with little to no space. She managed to turn the palms of her hands against the surface and tried to scratch her way out.

With a little hard work, a few breaks in between, and the pressure she added with her limbs, it cracked. Then a chip fell off. And another. And then a few bigger chunks until the opening was big enough for our main girl to fall out of it.

She fell to the ground covered with what seemed like an enormous kitchen paper towel. She looked behind her, curious to know what she had just broken out of.

Behind her, in a low bowl of red sand, laid giant eggshells. Dread spread in a cold shock throughout her body.

A chirp came from her right and she jumped to face another creature in a cage beside her. Somehow, she could immediately tell that he was a male.

The creature was like a miniature version of a dragon, except instead of horns he had two long and narrow ear tufts and instead of spikes there were black stripes and spots covering his purple scaly figure. His wings were held close to his slender body.

He let out a shrilling sound with a tilt of his head and a sorrowful look in his eyes.

Our confused and increasingly scared heroine looked to her other side and saw an egg. In fact, all around her were cages identical to her's and every single one of them had an enormous egg in it.

She exchanged a glance with the only other creature in the room and gathered enough courage to finally focus on her reflection on the glass walls trapping her.

She stopped breathing at the realization that she looked exactly like the other creature, only yellow instead of purple and a tiny bit smaller.

That was the day that our little heroine marked as the beginning of a long life she probably never thought she would have.