Bonus chapter: the birthday gift

I felt the all too familiar buzz of anticipation race through me, one look at Jake and I felt myself starting to cave. I wanted to open my mouth and let it all spill out.

I hated keeping secrets from him and right now I felt like it was going to burst. I'd been planning the surprise for weeks and somehow Jake hadn't figured it out. He hadn't so much as blinked at the new planner I had bought him and the dinner I had treated him to. That seemed to be all he was expecting and I was happy he hadn't tried to snoop through my stuff.

"Thank you, I had the perfect birthday." Jake smiled leaning towards me.

"It's not over yet." I stopped him from closing the distance entirely.

"I know, I was trying to collect my birthday kiss before you stopped me." He pouted.

As much as I wanted to just let Jake devour me right here I knew the second his lips touched mine I was a goner. He was too good at distracting me. One kiss and my mind turned to mush. And as much as I wanted that to happen, I had plans I wouldn't let him derail.

"Be patient." I told him and grabbed one of his hands leading him to his bedroom.

"You know I'm usually the one saying that to you." He replied stumbling clumsily behind me.

He was right, it felt almost like our roles were reversed. Jake was one to crave control and I happily gave it over to him every time. But now I felt like the control was mine, well it was right now. Jake never seemed to let that last all that long.

"I have another gift for you." I told him once we stepped into the bedroom.

"Is it your dick?" He asked a playful smile on his face.

"That wouldn't be much of a surprise, you can have that whenever you want."

"And if I want it now?" He raised his eyebrows in question.

My body heated. It would be so easy to just lean forward and connect my lips to his. It would be so easy but just the thought of what was to come made me stop. I had plans for the night and I couldn't let Jake tempt me into giving that up.

I knew once he opened my gift he'd be happy I made him wait for it.

"I have one last gift for you to open first." I turned around and opened up the drawer that Jake had given me.

It didn't take long to grab the box wrapped up in blue wrapping paper. I turned back around to see Jake sitting on the bed waiting patiently for whatever I had planned. I wasn't good at this. Jake was the planner, he was the one that spent weeks putting together the perfect birthday. He set up an entire week filled with surprises and all of my favorite things. I couldn't top that but I could still try to make this day as perfect as I could.

"You already got me a planner. You didn't need to get me anything else."

"I think you'll like this one better." I grinned.

"I don't know, I do love my planners." He slid his fingers under the paper neatly unwrapping the present.

I stood there anxiously as he slowly unwrapped it. My whole body was on fire with anticipation. The second he opened this box I saw the way his face shifted, the lust in his eyes.

I watched as his fingers drew little patterns into the leather as he examined the cuffs. I'd given it a lot of thought. Jake had thrown out lots of words during sex and most of it I let be all talk but his want to tie me up was a little different than some of the rest.

I was always down to try something new and what better time than his birthday to let him finally have me at his mercy.

"This really something you want?" Jake eyed me trying to read any hesitation or doubts on my face.