59. Be good

Things had been better once I was back at school. I fell back into the routine of classes and spending time with my roommates and Jake. There was a lot to distract myself from all the bad. It wasn't easy but as my wounds healed I could feel myself healing as well. Having the support I did made everything feel slightly less terrible.

So I was able to let myself enjoy the good like the group hangout Jake had set up. Adam had wanted to throw a big party but Jake had convinced him to lower the number of people. It was a few guys from their football team, my roommates and Sasha and Callum.

It was nice to see everyone together having a good time. Monroe and Becca were chatting with Sasha and Nico about something. I watched as they all laughed together, well not Nico but he didn't seem like he was having a totally terrible time. Adam was drinking with the guys from the football team. Dom and Callum had disappeared about five minutes ago and I had a feeling we wouldn't see them for a little while.

"Want a drink?" Connor asked.

I turned my attention back to the people around me. Jake had slipped off to the bathroom so I was hanging out with Jetson and Connor until he came back.

"How strong is it?" I eyed the cup.

"I call it a Connor special." He grinned.

"That means it's basically only liquor." Jetson piped in.

"I added some coke." Connor argued.

"Like a drop, you can barely taste it over the twelve shots of rum."

"You really think it's only twelve?"

Jetson sighed obviously not at all surprised with Connors antics.

"I think I'll pass on the drink." I told Connor.

"You're loss." He just shrugged and downed a large sip of the cup in front of him. "Fuck that is just rum." He twisted his face slightly as the liquid slid down his throat.

"I told you, that's why no one lets you make them drinks." Jetson teased.

"I'd be a great bartender." Connor pouted.

"Yeah right." Jet rolled his eyes.

"Fuck off, you love my drinks." Connor shoved him playfully.

"I pretend to drink them to make you happy."

"I've been betrayed!" Connor clutched his chest dramatically.

I just stood back and watched the show. It was interesting to watch the back and forth between the two of them. I hadn't ever seen two people click so quickly before. I'd fallen into an easy friendship with both Becca and Monroe but the connection between Jetson and Connor was different. They just seemed to get each other and with Connor who never seemed to get close to anyone it was surprising that he actually put in an effort with Jetson.

"What are you screaming about?" Jake walked over giving Connor a questioning look.

"Jetson hates my drinks." He fake cried.

"Yeah because they are trash." Jake deadpanned.

"I hate you all." Connor poured some more alcohol in his cup and then stomped out of the kitchen.

"Drama queen!" Jetson yelled after him.

"You're one to talk!" Connor yelled back.

Jet just laughed and followed where Connor went.

"They are perfect for each other." Jake said softly watching the two walk back into the living room.

"Yeah they really are." I agreed.