11. Spoil me

After about the tenth joke about the marks on my neck I was getting restless to get out of here. Despite being the captain of the football team, sitting around watching football was not my favorite pass time. I didn't really care much for the teams that were playing and I was only really hanging around to be with some of the guys from the team.

But now after too many jokes and comments I was beginning to think working on some school work might be better than this.

The only thing worse than my teammates teasing me was the looks Becca kept shooting me. I had been doing my best to avoid being alone with her. She'd tried to talk to me a few times since yesterday but I knew what she wanted to talk about so I was sort of running away from it until she decided to let it go.

I felt the buzz of my phone and when I turned it over to see Jake's name on my screen part of me hoped he was looking to hook up right now just so I could get out of here.

Jake- Sunday??

I stared at the text. Was making set plans for days in advance crossing a line? We hadn't ever really done that. The three times we hooked up it was all sort of spur of the moment. Was making plans turning this into an official arrangement?

I didn't know exactly why I was overthinking this. Jake and I had sex, very good sex. There wasn't anything more to it even if we were arranging meeting up days in advance. Saying yes to this would mean there was no just somehow falling into a hookup with him. It was a deliberate plan, a plan I'd have days to think about and try to not talk myself out of.

Evan- what about it?

I answered stalling for time to really figure out what the hell I was doing.

Jake- don't be a fucking smart ass, you free or not? I'm going to have practically the whole team at my house so I'll need to come to you.

I took a second to think about it. I knew usually the team hung out at the football house and drank. It meant my apartment was most likely empty, it was one of the reasons I actually liked Sundays.

Evan- yeah, I have my place to myself if you want to try fucking in a bed for once

Jake- spoil me like this and I might think you are starting to like me

Evan- fuck off dickhead

Jake- see you Sunday asshole

I rolled my eyes and locked my phone. I guess I had plans with Jake. Never would I have thought I'd be here making dick plans with the guy I hated but here I was.

I hadn't been paying attention to the game but someone had scored and half of the guys cursed and the other half jumped up cheering with excitement. I didn't think most of them actually cared about the teams but they always made bets on who would win so they got super into it even without their teams playing.

I knew I couldn't just dip out so instead of fully leaving I headed into the kitchen to grab another beer. Alcohol would make this night go by faster.

"You've been avoiding me." Becca said making me jump slightly.

"Don't sneak up on me like that." I frowned turning to face my best friend.

"I know you don't want to tell me who you're seeing and that's fine I'm going to respect that but I just worry about you."

I sighed fully understanding where Becca was coming from. She'd been by my side for these past years. She'd sat with me after being treated like shit by way too many guys freshman year. It was not a good time for me, I had been able to really come out and be with guys for the first time. Turned out I overlooked a lot of red flags due to the fact a guy seemed to be into me. Luckily after that it was better. I had hooked up with some guys at parties while  successfully avoided all the shit I went through before.

So I understood why Becca might be protective or worried especially when I was keeping things from her.

"You don't need to worry about me at least not with this." I assured her.

"At least tell me it's not some straight dude that's fucking around with you and your feelings."

"If they are fucking me I'm going to go ahead and say they aren't straight." I replied.

"You know what I mean." She smacked my arm.

And I did. I knew exactly what she was saying. It wouldn't be my first time with some guy that claimed he was straight and dragged me around. But the issue with her question was that I really didn't know. I'd never thought about it or asked if Jake was out or gay. I hadn't really bothered because we'd fucked and I didn't really care about anything beyond the fact he had made me feel good.

"I honestly don't know. I never bothered to sit and ask him about it. I don't really care because there aren't any feelings involved in this, it's just sex nothing more." I told her.

"And you both know that?"

"We both know that." I nodded.

"Ok because as much as I don't want to see you get hurt I also don't want a jerk who's messing around with someone else's feelings as a best friend."

"I know what I'm doing Becca, there is nothing to worry about." I moved towards her to bring her in for a hug.

"Love you." She smiled.

"Love you too." I smiled back.

She was my best friend, the one person that knew practically everything about me. But she was more than all that, she was my family.