31. Take stick out of ass

Jake's pov-

Game days sucked when I couldn't play. I liked being there for the team but I just wanted to get on the field and play the game. I hated giving the controls over to someone else. Evan started to tease me about how I was a control freak since he saw inside my planner. But I really just couldn't help it.

The thought of the blue eyed boy caused a smile to spread on my face. I was seeing him later and then tomorrow was Nico's birthday and he'd be meeting all my friends. I knew he was nervous but I had no doubt about how it would go. 

"I miss having you out there with me." Adam flopped onto the bench next to me.

"If you could magically heal this shit then I'd run right out there today." I gestured to my cast.

"I wish man."

The only thing I was worried about for tomorrow was how Evan and Adam would get along. Adam was my best friend and basically like my brother. I wanted them to get along so badly but I was worried that Adam might hold a bit of a grudge over Evan ended things in the hospital. Just because I wasn't mad at him for that doesn't mean Adam feels the same way.

"I invited Evan over tomorrow for Nico's birthday." I told him.

"I figured you would." He nodded giving me absolutely nothing.

"Are you going to be a jerk about it?" I asked him.

"Me? I have never been a jerk a day in my life." He joked.

"Cut the shit." I shoved my shoulder into his.

"I won't apologize for looking out for you. You're my brother and I'll have your back no matter what." He said.

I knew that about him. I never doubted that. I always knew if I needed someone Adam would be there. I remember in high school how terrified I was to come out to him. I was scared it would ruin everything between us but nothing changed when I told him. He accepted me for everything I was and protected me when some of the idiots on the team gave me shit. Adam stood by me through it all, he even got suspended for beating the shit out of some guy who thought it was funny to make gay jokes.

"I like him and I'd rather you not scare him away."

"If he can get scared away by me than he's not the right guy for you."

"Adam please just don't be a jerk to him." I pleaded.

"I don't know why you doubt me, I'm the nicest guy in that house." He grinned.

I just rolled my eyes. I had no idea how tomorrow would go but I was really just hoping for the best.

We ended up losing which wasn't that much of a surprise. Without me on that field our offense was suffering. They needed a leader to guide them through and I could only do so much from the bench.

When I got back from the house some of the guys were grabbing drinks and getting ready for a night of partying and drinking the loss away but I headed straight to my room, or Nico's room.

I sat at the desk pulling my planner out, I had scheduled some time to get some work done before Evan showed up. But the second I looked at the planner I noticed things crossed out and handwriting that wasn't mine filling up the page.

Instead of my list of assignments I had written in earlier, take stick out of ass and have some fun was written in large handwriting.

I couldn't hold back the smile as I pulled my phone out and hit the familiar contact.

I didn't even wait for a greeting.

"I don't have a stick up my ass." I argued.

"You could have something else up your ass though." Evan joked.

"Stop messing with my schedule." I ignored his remark.

The not having sex thing was surprisingly a lot harder than I thought it would be. Whenever I was with Evan, which was basically whenever we were both free, I just wanted to rip his clothes off. It was so hard to restrain myself because I knew just how good it was. It had been good all the times when we were just fucking but the sex after my game was different. It was sex with real feelings involved and my dumbass thought it would be a good idea to decide to not have sex anymore.

I regretted my decision a lot but at the same time I knew it was good for us. Evan and I had been spending time with each other and just really getting to know one another.

"I will when you start giving yourself some real breaks. I swear you're going to burn yourself out." I could hear the legitimate concern in his voice.

"I take breaks."

"Meals don't count."

I didn't have anything to argue there. I knew I overworked myself but it was for a good reason. I didn't want to fall behind in my studies with football season going on. Once the season was over I'd have more time to relax.

"Whatever, how exactly am I supposed to be having fun?" I asked him.

"That's where I come in." I could hear his smile through the phone.

"I was serious about the no sex thing." I teased.

"For once I wasn't talking about sex, I bought a bunch of the best shit and we are having a movie night."

"What exactly is the best shit?" I questioned.

"Alcohol and a shit ton of sugar."

"Sounds healthy." I replied.

"If I find out you have some strict meal plans in that planner I'm going to burn it."

"What movie are we watching?" I asked him deciding not to respond to his statement.

I didn't have a strict meal plan but I did plan out my dinners every week.

"I was going to let you pick since you lost today."

Maybe in the past I'd make a comment and take his words the wrong way but I could see that he was trying to cheer me up.

"I don't really watch movies that much." I had seen some but I didn't watch them very often, usually only when someone dragged me out to the movies or I was in the room when one happened to be on.

"Please tell me you've at least seen star wars."

I thought about lying but I had a feeling that would go worse.

"I don't watch movies a lot." I said sheepishly.

"Oh my god Jake! Be prepared to have your mind blown."

"I'd rather have something else blown." I couldn't help myself.

"You know I can arrange that too." He joked.

"Just hurry your ass up or I'm going to start doing school work and there will be no movies watched tonight."

"See you soon."

I got that feeling of excitement that I seemed to always get when it came to Evan. God I couldn't wait to see him.

A/n:

Decided to post a little extra chapter for you guys. I started writing for this book again now that I'm feeling better after Covid. I wrote a chapter I'm very excited to share with you guys. It's so hard when I've got so many chapters already written because I want to post them all so you guys can read them but I don't want to run out and then not be able to post because I'm busy or stuck on a chapter.

But there's things in the works I'm excited to share and I can't wait for you guys to see what happens in this book and the buildup for book two. As much as I love Jake and Evan, the couple in the sequel has a huge place in my heart and the more I write and plan their story out the more I love them.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
-Cora Leigh