Challenge?

Third person point of view

An usual work day, everyone putting their heart out for completing the decorations while Jay monitoring them. They felt like being caged.

Everytime a person seemed to be a little bit off, he'd go, "You have two choices, either actually help us in the decorations or go back home," with an ironic smile, and most of these people would usually go back to work and some of them actually left.

Heeseung was almost done with the work he got assigned and was walking towards Jay to inform him when Jake rushed towards him and tapped him in the shoulder.

He turned, facing the boy. "Yes Jake?" He asked.

Jake lowered his gaze. "Heeseung, C-can I have a small talk with you, somewhere alone?" Jake asked nervously. It was his first time ever asking out someone, and, Heeseung was his dream boy.

"Sure, just let me inform Jay, else he'll combust on not finding us suddenly." He chuckled. Jake nodded. Heeseung made his way towards Jay and whispered something in his ears and Jay nodded.

"Don't take much time, hyung." He said. Heeseung promised him he won't. Then, he walked back to Jake. "Let's go."

They went inside the boys locker room. Heeseung was cool with Jake, but Jake couldn't say the same for himself. In a few minutes Heeseung is going to regret spending time with him, in a few minutes, Heeseung is going to hate him forever, in a few minutes everything is going to change for either good, or bad.

"Heeseung, I wanted to say that," Jake started while occasionally looking at Heeseung's face and on the ground, "a-as you know, the Christmas party is soon... would you be my date?" He did it.

He did it so smoothly.

He did it without flaws, maybe.

"Just for the Christmas party?" Heeseung raised an eyebrow. Jake nodded first and then, getting the context he shook his head and added, "I really like you. Just not for the sake of the party, I want you before that, after that. Will you be my boyfriend?"

Heeseung leaned back on a random locker. "Let's see. Will I be your boyfriend?"

While they were conversing, few male students came to take a belonging of theirs, but stayed back for the drama.

"Will you?" Jake repeated.

"I'd say yes.." Heeseung's eyes roamed over the room. "but I am very confused, Jake. I don't want you have the wrong idea just because I might have the wrong idea." Heeseung reasoned out making Jake frown a little.

"I'll consider it a no ㅡ "

"I never completely denied your proposal, Sim Jake." Heeseung smirked. By this time, more students crowded for the drama.

Heeseung stepped closer to Jake. He could feel his heart beat increasing and the warmth on his chest spreading. He gulped.

What does Heeseung mean?

"Sim Jake," he called, "if you can make me fall for you completely within a week, I'll be your date and your boyfriend."

A challenge?

"You have one week, starting tomorrow." Heeseung said, which almost sounded like a challenge for Jake. He gulped, he could not back off now, atleast not when a crowd is watching them. "Sure." 

A challenge is what it is.

Jake knew what he was doing. With a confident look on his face, a determination in his eyes, he leaned closer to Heeseung.

"I accept."

_____________
Jake's POV ; hours later :

For what felt like years, we finally decided to call it a day. I, Sunoo, Heeseung, Jay and Sunghoon usually stay back a few more hours to finish up some places left by the other students and cleanup.

"Ah. It was tiring, my back hurts." Sunoo strechted his arms and stifled a yawn. "Are you hungry?" I asked him and he answered with a nod.

"Let's go eat at my house. We'll have western today." I said. "Whatever works for me when I'm hungry." Sunoo rubbed his stomach.

"Hey, what about us! You only care for your bestfriend." Sunghoon joined in. "It's not like that, he really likes my mom's cooking so I offered him."

Sunghoon nodded, "Ah. I see. Well, gotta go. Heeseung and I are having dinner together."

"And Jay hyung?" I asked, not expecting an answer like, "Oh fuck him."

As if on que, a voice could be heard so loud and clear and angry. "Who said that?"

"Not me." I put my hands on defence. Jay looked at Sunoo with a raised eyebrow. He too, put his hands up in defence.

"I- gotta go. Heeseung is waiting for me, right guys-"

We shrugged at him and left. We could only imagine what Jay did to Sunghoon.

One thing I forgot to add is, Jay is the president of the student council for our grade.

"What do you think is happening to Sunghoon hyung, right now?" Sunoo asked while stifling a laugh.

"We should probably pray for him, Sunoo." I said and he bursted into laughter.

"Okay," Then he joined his hands and began to pray, "May God bless the soul of our fellow classmate and a good friend, Park Sunghoon. Amen."

I laughed after that, "You're such a dork."

"You too." He pouted then we both bursted into laughters.

We had dinner at my home and decided that Sunoo will stay in for the night. I called uncle and auntie and informed them so they wouldn't worry.

Now, we were laying on my bed, I was rethinking about all those moments with Heeseung along with the one I made today. Thinking about it worries me.

Then I realised I haven't told my bestfriend about it. I shook him heavily, causing him to wake up.  "Where's the theif-"

"There's no theif."

"Then why did you wake me, I want to sleep." I shook him before he could sleep again.

"I have tea." I said making him look at me. "Spill it already."

"Okay so," Jake bit his bottom lip, Sunoo looked at him in a questioning manner because of the little silence. "I asked him out."

"Oh okay." Sunoo was about to sleep again when he realised. "You what?"

"Asked him out." Jake repeated. "Oh, god, are you serious. What did he say?"

"Nothing but threw me a challenge." Jake frowned. "What kinda?"

"It's that, I have to make him fall for me within a week." Sunoo clapped. "That's good!"

"What if I can't exceute it properly?" His voice laced with sadness and Sunoo noticed it.

"Hey, don't worry. You'll do great, plus I'll help you." Sunoo said making Jake smile a little.

"Thanks Sunoo-ya." Then they both hugged.

"Let's sleep now. Else Jay hyung will burst into the room." Sunoo said and giggled.

"Whatever." Jake chuckled at his bestfriend before falling into his dreamland.

_______________

Words: 1130