Rooftop.

Present day ; Jake's POV :

The classroom was nearly empty, no one bothered to come today so all the sections and classes were merged, and I was alone. Sunoo was absent. The weather was sad today, it might rain ; just like a few years ago. The time we first met: Heeseung and I.

Few years ago ; Jake's POV :

"Ya! How dare you say no to us. Did you forgot the power we hold?" The bully, Jaeseung, harshly pulled my hair and my eyes shut due to the sharp pain in my scalp. "L-Let go of me, J-Jaeseung!" I yelled at him, without realising that I had caused more trouble for myself.

Jaeseung pushed me on the floor and I let out a groan. "Everyone look, this nerd yelling at me." Then I felt being kicked on my back. I stayed silent. I endured. I didn't let sounds come out of my mouth. I endured it all. "Great. The nerd is becoming stronger now, ha? Or, shall we call it, a show? " Jaeseung laughed loudly, so did his minions. I stood up slowly, and attempted to leave from the scene when ㅡ

"Jaeseung, look he's trying to escape!"

I hissed.

"Such a scaredy cat. Aww." Jaeseung mocked.

"Where were you heading to? We're not done yet." Jaeseung said in a stern voice. "Once more I'm asking you to let us cheat off your test. If you deny this time, you won't believe what will happen to you, Sim." Saying so, he stepped towards me and I trembled.

I couldn't say yes. I had already made up my mind.

I don't care, I'll make sure you won't cheat off my paper.

"I ㅡ I need some time to think ㅡ " I said instead.

"I'm being generous and giving you time till tomorrow," said Jaeseung and walked off with his minions. As I stood there, several thoughts flowing my head when the bell rang indicating the last period. I walked to the class and sat alone on the desk, not so attentively listening to the lecture and waiting for the bell to ring.

When the last bell rang, I sat there, still, waiting for everyone to leave. I spotted a certain peach haired boy leave his Geography book on the bench and walk out. Probably he forgot.

As much as I wanted to help him, I didn't. I'll help no one from now onwards.

After the classroom emptied, I went upstairs and to the rooftop. I watched students leave the gate, and when the school emptied wholly, for what felt like an hour or half, I put my backpack off my shoulders and climbed up on the railing.

I thought of many ways of preventing the cheating, but nothing would work.

I couldn't be absent on that day, for I wouldn't be able to fake a reason. I could neither complain to the teachers or any authority, Jaeseung would make my life hell.

I let out a sigh and looked at the sky, spread my arms ; just like a bird, ready to fly, except I was gonna die in a few minutes. My heartbeats increased at the thought. Yes, I'm a coward.

I gulped down my cowardness, or I thought so. Taking a deep breath, I was ready to jump when ㅡ

"Ya! What are you doing?!"  I opened my eyes. I thought everyone must've left already.

"Get down from there!"

"Go home, please! Leave me alone!" I shouted back at the person, without looking at him.

"You should go home, too! Please step down from there, you might fall ㅡ "

"Mind your business, don't poke your nose into mine." I said.