Prologue.

The classroom door clicked open, and entered the boy of his dreams, Lee Heeseung.

Jake was your typical smart guy with glasses, quiet, shy and has a huge crush on the famous boy. He had been liking Heeseung ever since he transferred into this school.

Lee Heeseung was the most famous in the campus. Famous for his voice, his good looks, and oh, his baseball skills! He was known as the second most handsome, while his bestfriend, Park Sunghoon being the first most handsome.

He was not your typical cold, emotionless famous face with a dark past. He was rather a jolly guy who likes to be friends with everyone, even the ones he rejects.

_______

"I'm sorry for being late teacher." The peach haired boy bowed 90 degrees infront of the teacher as a sign of apology. "It's okay, be seated. Don't repeat it again."

Heeseung nodded and went to his usual seat, not before apologising again.

He sat 2 seats behind and one seat to the left of Jake.

"Why were you late?" Sunghoon asked as the other simply answered, "Baseball practice."

On the other hand, Jake couldn't pay attention to the lesson being taught even after physics being his favourite subject. He was a topper in the subject making everyone else call him the 'Physics nerd'. He could cared less though.

"Jake I can't understand this one." Sunoo, Jake's bestfriend shook him by his shoulder. "Jake ㅡ "

"Y ㅡ yes?" When Jake finally snapped out of his daydream, Sunoo looked at him with a cringed expression. "You're daydreaming again?"

At this, Jake shook his head and answered quickly. "No, I-I am not."

Sunoo nodded. "Like I believe you."

"I really wasn't." The younger just rolled his eyes. "Anyways, explain this one to me."

Jake shook it off and started to explain the question. "This one's easy, look here."

"Woah. You're really good at it." Sunoo exclaimed, maybe a little loudly, that the teacher looked at them.

"Sunoo and Jake, what's so important?" The teacher scolded. "And you must stand up when a teacher is talking to you."

"Jake I didn't expect you to joke around during the lesson."

"We were doing the questions you gave." Sunoo muttered under his breath. "What did you say? A little louder."

"Is she deaf?" The younger whispered to Jake.

"We're sorry, Mrs Jo. This won't happen ever again." Jake apologised to the woman, who was  fixing her glasses.

"Detention for you both after class. Sit down now." Saying, the teacher went back to teaching.

_________

"All we did was discuss her homework, why did she give us detention?" Sunoo huffed while mopping the hallways. "If we see it that way, you spoke a little too loudly."

"Maybe I did. But she did an unfair judgement." Jake raised an eyebrow at his bestfriend. "Like what?"

Sunoo stopped mopping. "Lee Heeseung came in late, which should be punished. All I did was speak a little too loudly. He should be punished, not us!"

Jake sighed. "He's popular, Sunoo." He then added, "Let's finish cleaning, then we'll go eat something."

Sunoo pouted. "You're taking his side just because you like him." The older protested. "I'm not taking his side, but I'm stating facts."

"He's popular, that's why all ths teachers and authorities spare him. He's a varsity player, aswell. There are many reasons, and oh, his looks ㅡ "

"Stop, stop. Enough, you'll talk about him all day if I let you." Sunoo made a cringed face and got back to cleaning.

__________

"Students, there is a big news!" Their homeroom teacher came in while clapping his hands.

"What is the news, teacher?" One of the students asked, curious.

"As you all are aware that Christmas is coming ㅡ " He paused to increase the curiosity of the students. " ㅡ the school is hosting a Christmas party and every student is invited!" He finally announced and all the students started squealing and screaming of joy, then there was Jake, doodling on his notebook.

"Jake ~ Aren't you excited?" Sunoo shook him by his shoulder as the other hummed.

"I am not going." He simply said which made Sunoo go all whiny, trying to convince the boy. "Why not? Come on, it'll be fun."

"Who would like to go with the Physics nerd." He chuckled. "I'll set you up, don't worry. Just get a nice su ㅡ " Jake shook his head, cutting Sunoo off. "Don't worry about me, I have stuffs to do."

"You want to ask Lee Heeseung, right?" Jake widened his eyes, "W ㅡ why would I bother about asking him."

"Then why don't you ask him? Maybe he'll go?" Sunoo suggested, pointing at a tall guy wearing all black with a very handsome face. "Him? Nah. He isn't interested in me."

"So you're really not going? You should try asking Lee Heeseung."

The boy shook his head slowly, "Sunoo-ya, are you kidding me? He doesn't even know I exist. My existence to him is like the existence of Earth in the whole universe." Sunoo laughed at his bestfriend. "Jake, you never know, maybe he likes you too. You two have been classmates since a long time, you really think he isn't aware of your existence?" Sunoo completed and focused on his book while Jake was drowned his thoughts.

Does he know me? He thought while looking at the guy in the question.

Heeseung was laughing with his bestfriend, and his laughed looked so peaceful. Subconsciously Jake stared at him and smiled.
But he wasn't the only one staring at him. He noticed many girls and few guys staring at the boy. Jake started feeling like those eyes were glaring at him instead so he tore his eyes away from Heeseung.

He's way out of my league. He reminded himself that he cannot be with him.

"Jake, what is this?" Sunoo asked a question and Jake focused on explaining it to him.