Chapter One Hundred And Ten

"Is Nikolai going to be there?" I asked Bianca as I ran my hand through my wet hair, blow-drying them

Today was my twenty-first birthday. Bianca being a party animal as always decided to throw another party for me. Sometimes I think she just needs a reason for partying, nothing else. I really didn't want another party after what went down last time. Also, Nikolai still hadn't wished me.

Ugh! I don't know why I keep wanting him and pushing him away at the same time, my indecisiveness was getting on my own nerves. I really don't know what I wanted. One second I want him and the next second I remember what I went through because of him and that scenario ends up with me in a comatose.

Bianca was laying on my bed, over her stomach applying nail polish over her fingernails as she blew on them, "I don't know..."

I raised an eyebrow, her tone seemed way too carefree to talk about Nikolai, "What do you mean, you don't know? Aren't we going to his nightclub?"

She looked at me and then shook her head. "It's a surprise, E, don't try to get it out of me."

"Who planned it?"

She lifted a shoulder, "Me, who else?"

"Uh huh?" I squinted my eyes at her skeptically through the mirror.

She raised an eyebrow in return, "Oh, another thing, E, remember the stunt you pulled at your nineteenth birthday party?" she smiled and waited for me to say anything but I didn't because I knew it was a rhetorical question, "If you pull anything like that again, I will kill you myself and this time, I'll make sure that you die."

I rolled my eyes, "I won't."

My eyes went to the dress laying on my bed, Bianca bought it for me, for my twenty-first birthday party—that was what she told me anyway. I couldn't help but wonder if it was sent by Nikolai. It was his style, buying a new special dress for me and having it delivered to my room with perfect accessories—that had Nikolai Costello written all over it.

This time it was an emerald green silk slip dress with a long side slit and a diamond choker to go with it. I did my make-up and put on the dress and jewelry and so did Bianca.

Bianca's driver drove us to the venue, I checked my cell phone to see a text from Nikolai but there was none; after I gave him a half-assed handjob in the middle of the living room, I stopped talking to him one more. I shook my head and turned to Bianca, we talked all the way to the party.

I really just wanted to enjoy a party without worrying about him for once. 

We stepped out of the car and my eyes widened looking at the magnificent castle—I'm not exaggerating—it was a castle. My lips slightly parted, taking in the magnificent decor.

"It's - It's beautiful, B..."

"I know..." she breathed out, she looked as mesmerized as I was.

For someone who had arranged it all, she sure looked surprised. A certain giddiness crept up from the pit of my belly, I heaved a long deep breath and entangled my arm with Bianca's.