Chapter Sixteen

IT'S BEEN A WEEK since I had that little episode

IT'S BEEN A WEEK since I had that little episode. I don't really remember anything, only Nikolai telling me to breathe and then put me to bed.

I stayed in my room most of the time and didn't see Nikolai much. He was always working, so, we never really saw each other. I hadn't even seen Bianca in a long time.

I attended the whole orientation week, for a beginner at life like myself, it was insanely informative.

Today was the first class of my freshmen year. I have chosen psychology as my major and I couldn't contain my excitement about it. 

I wore a cute outfit, straightened my hair, and applied light makeup. All of the stuff has been bought for me by Nikolai. We haven't even seen each other for the past week but his employees regularly update my closet, makeup, and every single female necessity.

After I had told Nikolai that I don't want Scott to be my driver for college, he assigned one of his other men to take me to college, his name was Marco. This one was nice, he doesn't talk much but I know that he was way nicer than Scott.

I descended the stairs and went straight out of the house. Marco was waiting out front, I hopped into the car and we drove off to college.

As we reached the college, I jump out of the car, and the excitement has my whole body tingling. I waved at Marco, he doesn't wave back he just watched me with a frown, shrugging I entered the building. By now, I knew the whole campus, I could walk around the whole thing in my sleep that's how much obsessed I was.

I hadn't made any friends yet but I will, I'm an optimist. I entered the huge lecture hall and found an empty seat in the second row, it was between a guy and a girl. They both seemed bored and uninterested in everything that was going on. For some reason, Nikolai's words rang in my ears.

No boyfriends, Evangeline.

No boyfriends but he didn't say anything about making friends. I gleamed as I approached the empty seat and settled between them.

They introduced themselves and so did I. We made small talk, and the whole class suddenly turned silent as I saw the professor walking into the class. 

Bradford Campbell was our psychology professor. He was a tall, lean, blonde man in his mid-fifties. He introduced himself and then went on to tell us about what we can expect to learn from this semester.

I listened to his every word carefully, I was completely in awe. It all looked like something straight out of a movie. I couldn't believe I was here. His gaze traveled from one face to another as if he was trying to memorize the face of every single student in the class.

“Psychology is the study of the mind, brain, and behavior of individuals. Of course, this is a very broad field of study which includes all aspects of behavior, mental health, and disorder, cognitive and perceptual processes, emotion and motivation, developmental processes”